IAC replica 1897 shotgun

I always liked the Winchester 1897 shotgun. But the originals I encountered were either in poor condition and or priced too high. So I decided to check out the IAC replica. Found one at a local gunshow. The action is smooth, wood is walnut and the metal is blued. It is chambered for 2.75" shells and the mini 2.25" shells also cycle fine.

1897pump001.jpg

1897pump002.jpg

1897pump003.jpg

1897pump004.jpg

Norinco or IAC same gun. They are out there for sale some still nib. There is a trench version too. I have no experience with these knock offs but they seem to sell relatively quick. For me i would rather pay more and have a W on mine. Edited by Petroleum 1

"A fool and his money..." Same thing is true for SxS coach guns and probably some other stuff of which I am not aware. Some people are shelling out ridiculous amounts for low-to-middling quality Chinese clones. The Chinese make pretty good versions of the SKS and AK but other than that I'm generally not impressed

• 2 weeks later...

I have one of the norinco trench models, broke a heat shield screw when trying to remove it to install a 6 shot kit, eventually got the heat shield off, installed the kit and replaced the screw. Had a shell stop screw fall out and had to replace it. I use it in CAS Wild Bunch shoots. Works great with a bayonet too. Not as slick as my worn mismatched Winchester ‘97 or Model 24 Marlin. Thinking that it needs a real good cleaning as lately it's been a little hitchy. I’ve probably had it 20 years. Don’t remember what I paid for it.

post-259674-0-66749500-1601256183_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Baltimoreed11754