STG 44 for sale on MG Central

I see many issues with the gun. The barrel has been replaced or rewatted given the barrel pin has been pressed out. The trigger group front pivot pin has been punched out and looks like hell when someone tried to respread the rivet. The guy that rewatted it stamped the bottom of the receiver (oblitering some of the original markings) instead of doing in on the barrel where you would not see it. Its missing the front sight hood as well.

I would rate the gun as average at best.

I completely missed it the barrel has been messed with and the sight hood is missing. Yes there are certainly some issues with this gun. The late war guns had poor workmanship due to the mfg situation but this one definately has had some work done.

Edited by Petroleum 1

I see many issues with the gun. The barrel has been replaced or rewatted given the barrel pin has been pressed out. The trigger group front pivot pin has been punched out and looks like hell when someone tried to respread the rivet. The guy that rewatted it stamped the bottom of the receiver (oblitering some of the original markings) instead of doing in on the barrel where you would not see it. Its missing the front sight hood as well.

What pic are you looking at where you see a rewat mfg stamped into the receiver??

Always ironic to me that a seller will claim “x” number of years in the hobby and that his example is the best he has handled or seen oe owned but then show a very average former registered DEWAT with rather more dings, cuts, abrasions, ground spots than even an average example should have for an average condition assessment. Who does he think he is fooling?

Yes, there are lots of non-DEWAT MP40s, 43s, 44s, etc, etc in the NFRTR but you are just thirty years or more too late to the party. The totally hyped condition of the 44 shown tells you all you need to know about what is left out there and the continuing dilution of the standards of condition to help sell a sow’s ear as a silk purse. As has been pointed out before, these are the future “good old days”.

Always ironic to me that a seller will claim “x” number of years in the hobby and that his example is the best he has handled or seen oe owned but then show a very average former registered DEWAT with rather more dings, cuts, abrasions, ground spots than even an average example should have for an average condition assessment. Who does he think he is fooling?

Yes, there are lots of non-DEWAT MP40s, 43s, 44s, etc, etc in the NFRTR but you are just thirty years or more too late to the party. The totally hyped condition of the 44 shown tells you all you need to know about what is left out there and the continuing dilution of the standards of condition to help sell a sow’s ear as a silk purse. As has been pointed out before, these are the future “good old days”.

30 years late to the party, but that generation from 30 years ago should be selling off these guns in estates id assume....or possibly handing them down to their kids....im in the hobby for a few years now and even i notice the quality is not where it was when i started...NIB Uzi's,Macs were plentiful and advertised weekly...a few nice 1928 thompsons would show up...now none....

I figure the next generation wont be able to afford to own a nice collection.....owning 1 will be more common.....

I bought a gun last year from s local dealer in Az. He does not have a store front and while chatting recently when my stamp came in he said you would shocked at the deals that go down without ever showing up on the inet. All done word of mouth with a few phone calls.

What pic are you looking at where you see a rewat mfg stamped into the receiver??

picture 123

I bought a gun last year from s local dealer in Az. He does not have a store front and while chatting recently when my stamp came in he said you would shocked at the deals that go down without ever showing up on the inet. All done word of mouth with a few phone calls.

That is correct. I bought a few that way. Now i always wonder what i don't see offered :)

Eric

picture 123

Yup...i see the nice stamp ugh. My 43 is stamped under the barrel and is covered by the shroud not visible at all.

Completely intact MP-40s were indeed brought back to the US and then amnesty registered in 1968. We don't know how many since that's tax information that is not disclosed. We don't know how many more missed the registration opportunity and ended up as parts kits, or are contraband to this day. My matching bnz 41 MP-40 is a amnesty registered gun. They do come up on the market from time to time.

I think acquiring one is a matter of opportunity. I have an evolving mental "acquire" list. When something nice comes along, I'll make the effort. I don't think of it as a time period during which I'm going to acquire a particular piece.

Vinny we should post pictures of ours and compare markings.

Good idea but mine is still in jail. I only have a couple of pics...i was able to see it in person before i bought it so i dont have lots of photos. I should see my stamp in june at the present wait times.

Ha you think?! Id hope so but its only worth what someone will actually pay :)

At the end of the day we love the hobby and the history so selling is not the main focus anyway - at least not for a while.

congrats, your investment made 50% in 4 years!!

Edited by 83Baron

Ha you think?! Id hope so but its only worth what someone will actually pay :)

At the end of the day we love the hobby and the history so selling is not the main focus anyway - at least not for a while.

congrats, your investment made 50% in 4 years!!

My thoughts exactly...it will always be worth equal or more than we paid so enjoy it now!!