Old Board Archive Search

I need some help from ya'll on searching the old board for certain topics. Being a newly registered member, maybe it's just my ignorance. The search command works just fine on this active board, but I am having errors on the archive board (ie password incorrect, username incorrect, unregistered member).

Is it possible you needed to be a registered member of the old board before you can perform a search there..?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Bosco

bosco--

Welcome to the board. I thought I'd kick this thread back up to the top, since you didn't get a reply. Maybe Frank will chime in on this one, or you might want to email him.

You can do a search there without having ever been registered for that board.... when you get there just click "search" and narrow down the time it takes to search by using keywords and searching in ONE forum at a time... Remember it looks through millions of words to find matches for you... It is not fast by any means, help it out and narrow down your criteria.

Hi Nick!

WAY OFF TOPIC, but...

my nurse, when I lived in Missouri (pronounced "Miz'-er-ee") had a name plate with her name and HNIC underneath. She never did tell me what the acronym meant. Can you? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/unsure.gif

hawknest--

After reading your response, I knew there was a reason I keep coming back to this board. LOL

Thanks for the welcome Sgt....and thank you Nick for the info. But, I still have the same problem searching on the old board. It may be that I have a dail up connection. Will try in on my son's pc with his broadband connection.

It may take a while to check it out with his pc, because he lives with my ex. Oh, and by the way my ex was a "head nurse" (surgery) ... are used to be...LOL

thanks,

bosco