FOIA Back on Recently Purchased GL M3A1

I just got my FOIA report on my Guide Lamp M3A1. Turns out it was amnesty registered in 1968! Neat info.

The gun was acquired in 1963 and then registered as a DEWAT in 1968. It sat that way until 1984 when it was reactivated.

Really exciting to go through the pages of material and learn a little about its history!

John

M3A1 FOIA-1c Amnesty Registered.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mail a letter to the atf requesting it

Send me a pm with your email and Ill send you the letter I use. I do them on every older gun that may have history. You dont get much info anymore but I have learned something from everyone. I do think it adds value to your gun also when you sell it. History is important to some people. They seem to take 1-2 years now to get back.

• Upvote 1

Send me a pm with your email and Ill send you the letter I use. I do them on every older gun that may have history. You dont get much info anymore but I have learned something from everyone. I do think it adds value to your gun also when you sell it. History is important to some people. They seem to take 1-2 years now to get back.

Thanks for the info Huggytree. I think I'm going to start doing this. You never know what provenance an old machinegun might just have!

I just got my FOIA report on my Guide Lamp M3A1. Turns out it was amnesty registered in 1968! Neat info.

The gun was acquired in 1963 and then registered as a DEWAT in 1968. It sat that way until 1984 when it was reactivated.

Really exciting to go through the pages of material and learn a little about its history!

John

How long did it take to get the FOIA info back from the ATF?

PM sent. Thank you.