Morphy Auction

Was it a all original or the few that had been converted from that pile of MP-38 and MP-40 parts that had a few dual mag attachments that came in from Czechoslovakia decades ago,I do know two did buy those guns, one is now deceased. and the other guy who know's.Hope at $104 grand they got the real deal. Neat piece of history {For German guns}

The scary part today. They can do so much to fool you.Know of two FG-42'S sawed and half and rebuilt. the new owners never new.

At least if the gun is not correct the owner can get a refund.

Yes, I was eye ball screwing it quite a bit. I'm sure it got tired haha. It sure looked like the real McCoy to me but I don't have anything to compare it to except a standard MP40. The quality, wear, finish, all looked right to me. The price was what I was expecting it to get. I wish I could have flown to Morphy's just to have a look at it.

I do agree it was a great buy as long as someone is not buying it as an "investment". I would have bought it to look at, fondle and enjoy. I think too many guys that buy these toys see them as more of an "investment" instead of an "investment in fun". I think one day many of these guys will be disappointed I'm afraid.

So two guys handled it hands on and gave there stamp of approval its real.For $104 grand i would need more.Considering last one sold for over $50 grand years back.

But some made Millions in the last ten years So what is a $100 g here or there for a gun....Only the hard working guy would care. And that is most who really want them. People who can buy stuff on a whim who give it mere thought hey cool i want that don't add any history to it. Just the $$$$ and say yeah i bought it and own it now.

not different then the$ 25 grand Rolex. some diamond bracelets for $50 grand,

I have met a number of these people a few times. Mudders filed B.K. A number of times. and brag they can buy stuff today.

yep many have a back story for sure.This MP-40 i am sure has one also.

Since it is a WW2 Manufacture that is the good part.Everybody have a good Halloween. RON K.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last month, one guy saw my shooting a STEN. He came over asked, "Is this a MP40?" :)

So, MP40 is something. Even people not very familiar with firearm types heard "MP40"...

Back a few years in range, I test fired a Mauser C96 pistol. One guy asked "Is this a Luger?" ...

Obviously, Luger was in similar situation in the US.

Sometimes, I thought spending more on C&R firearms.. but some guns are too nice or too rare to shoot.