Searching For An M1a1 Buttplate

Hi there,

I'm looking for a buttplate for an M1A1.

I live in the UK and would be willing to have one sent from the US if the price is right.

I recently went to a militaria fair where 1928 buttplates were in abundance, but no M1A1's.

Can anyone help, or give me a suggestion as to where I might pick one up?

Thanks

Apparently not.

Did you bother to contact Mike45? He said that he could help you.

Moreover, I'm sure if you tried eBay or a simple internet search (like searching google.com for "machinegun parts" or "military firearms parts for sale") you'd probably find a whole lot of M1 butt plates for sale through a variety of venues. It would also be much more effective (not to mention much more polite and less of a waste of bandwith) than simply typing "bump" to roll your post back up to the top of the list. This board gets enough traffic that your post has most assuredly been read. Not counting my opening of the post and my reply, I see your request has been viewed 122 times...plenty of folks have seen it and thus, if no one has contacted you, it most likely means no one has the part you desire.

I thinks the problem here lies that in order to export the us defense article (buttplate) you have to register with the DOS to the tune of 6 hun a year. (sound familiar hardrede?) I called and checked myself today. Makes it a hassle. I think the best bet is brullen.

Good Luck,

Damon

Hardrede,

yeah...to export you can use the under $100 rule and skip the license...which is free...but still have to register...6 hun/yr. When I called in today they gave me the website for this. PMDTC Yeah hardrede...you were right about the 6hun to dos!

Damon