Dennis Todd Thompsons On Subguns Board

If that's the same 4 he had here at the Indy 1500, I wouldn't give 5k for the VN 1928. It looked like it laid in water for a few years. Everything on it was pitted very bad, including the bolt. No bluing left on it. The M1's were run of the mill, nothing different or special about them. The other 28 he had was a WH and it was a turd from the looks and feel. It was loose and not a good looking gun.

after being on this board for almost a year...does anybody really know nice shape???

i just had to ask,because i am getting worried some have caught the buy krap syndrome for any price before it disappear's....

please folk's get a handle on it...buy nice stuff.run of the mill.take a pass..

nam bringback....what its got the v.c's head he took it off of...and i'm sure the vet got $40,000.00 plus for all three piece's.. yeah right!!

john stossel.

QUOTE (full auto 45 @ Oct 31 2004, 08:54 PM)
If that's the same 4 he had here at the Indy 1500, I wouldn't give 5k for the VN 1928. It looked like it laid in water for a few years. Everything on it was pitted very bad, including the bolt. No bluing left on it. The M1's were run of the mill, nothing different or special about them. .....

Mike, have to disagree ... I would be glad to give $5000 for a pitted '28 ... but that is because I do not have a '28 ... yet (the extra HK sear gets closer to being the down payment for a '28 or BAR each day ;-).

For reference, the two M1's over all did not appear as nice as mine with the bent rear sight wing (but finding that once your own a Thomson, starts to look better than all the others ....)

Savage M1 (aka bent wing)

TAKE THE DRUM OFF!!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

You can almost see her actuator....careful where ya point that thing...dump the mag....wonder if she`d like to smoke my tommy....great pic Mike...thanks... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif