Receivers to Make Dummy Thompson

Googled and it seems every hit is old and/or sold out.

If I sell my Thompson it would be nice to have a dummy one to hang to remind me of the good times. B)

I have plenty of parts except spare receiver.

Would prefer one in very good to excellent condition with the Lyman rear sight.

Is anyone still selling these?

Recon Bob make them at Phiadelphia Ordnance. He will print whatever you want on the side, COLT or Auto Ordnance Bridgeport info.

Here is a link to his site.

http://philaord.com/80-machined-receivers/m1921-m1928-m1928a1-m1-m1a1/

He also puts a channel into it to make is lighter for a display gun.

Good luck. I would also compare getting one of his blank uppers, because you can still go "full auto" but you don't need a Tax Stamp nor a range to fire it.

Cheers

Sandman1957

Thanks, I forgot about Phil's site.

Not sure I fully understood this meaning.

I would also compare getting one of his blank uppers, because you can still go "full auto" but you don't need a Tax Stamp nor a range to fire it.

Philadelphia Ordnance offers a "Blank Firing" replica that has been approved by BATF. That is what Sandman1957 meant.

Thanks, I forgot about Phil's site.

Not sure I fully understood this meaning.

I would also compare getting one of his blank uppers, because you can still go "full auto" but you don't need a Tax Stamp nor a range to fire it.

Philadelphia Ordnance offers a "Blank Firing" replica that has been approved by BATF. That is what Sandman1957 meant.

No way, that sounds pretty neat.

Actually a bit surprised BATF approved something like that.

My wife asked why it didn't have an orange tip... R

The M1921/28/28A1 80% machined receivers have all of the external machining

finished and will accept the gripmount, barrel, ejector, trigger frame assy., frame latch

and spring, and the receiver is drilled and tapped for rear sight screws and you get the

screws. On the inside the front 3 1/2" of the bolt pocket is machined slightly undersized

so we can get in there and do the angle cuts for the bronze lock, the breech entry fillet,

and so the broaching tool for the extractor slot has some place to run into.

There is not enough room to fit an actuator or a bolt. These parts are assembled to

the receiver at a farther than full cock position so you'd have to pretty much finish the

receiver to be able to fit them.

If you want to make detailed display you can cut the head off of a bolt (28A1 bolts

are cheap enough to do this) and fit it into position in the election port thru the front

before you screw the barrel on. You can make a display actuator knob by getting the

ball cocking knob for the semi from Kahr and modify it to be held from underneath

with a screw in position in the actuator slot.

Bob/Philly O

I used a demilled bolt to start my project. Couldn't bear to ruin a good, usable part.

It had the face cut off at an angle, but enough of the stem left to install an extractor and for it to display through the ejector port.

I cut too far back at first. You'll have to cut right at the base of the stem to fit it through the barrel opening.