Thompson Gun Pamphlets

With David's permission, I am listing a number of pamphlets for sale, which may be of interest to members on this forum.

If you require more photos just PM me and I’ll sort some out for you and all prices include shipping, if paid via PayPal and buyer pays the costs, PM me for explanation.

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21771&hl=

British Small Arms Training Pamphlet Vol. 1 No. 21 The Thompson Submachine gun 1940 Original hard to find 2nd edition of the 1940 edition pamphlet, printed in January 1941. Printed when shortages were hitting Britain, so it was printed with a paper cover, with the final page of the pamphlet printed on the rear of the pamphlet. Features pictures of a Colt manufactured Thompson in the pamphlet. Same photos found in the 1940 first edition and also comes with a four page pull out Amendment No. 2 dated October 1941. $55

SAT 21 1940.jpg SAT 21 1940 1.jpg SAT 21 1940 rear page.jpg

SAT 21 1941 Amendment #2.jpg SAT 21 1941 Amendment #2a.jpg

British Small Arms Training Pamphlet Vol. 1 No. 21 The Thompson Machine Carbine 1942, 12 pages in this edition covering the Thompson gun with line drawings, rather than photos, throughout. The line drawings feature a Model of 1928A, without the Cutts compensator. good clean condition, with firm spine and no loose pages $35

SAT 21 1942 .jpg SAT 21 1942 LD.jpg

The story of the 1928A is given in Tom Davis's book 'Great Britain - The Tommy Gun Story', an excellent well written and well researched book with lots of good information, which I highly recommend:

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17273&hl=%2Bgreat+%2Bbritain+%2Bthe+%2Btommy+%2Bgun+%2Bstory

Canadian Small Arms Training Pamphlet Vol. 1 No. 21 The Machine Carbine 1944 28 pages covers information and photos for both the STEN and Thompson submachine guns. The 1st photo in the pamphlet shows a Thompson Model of 1928A, without the Cutts compensator. Stain on front cover, but contents in nice clean condition with firm spine and no loose pages. $40

Canadian SAT 21 1944.jpgCanadian SAT 21 1944 1928A.jpg

British Small Arms Training Pamphlet Vol. 1 No. 21 The Machine Carbine 1944 28 pages covers information and photos for both the STEN and Thompson submachine guns. The 1st photo in the pamphlet shows a Thompson Model of 1928A, without the Cutts compensator.

Three copies available, all are in nice clean condition, but staples have rust, as found on most pamphlets from this period from my experience. Pamphlet A & B are otherwise in good condition, with firm spines, and no loose pages. $40 each

The centre pages in pamphlet C are loose, so only $30.

SAT 21 1944 A&B .jpg SAT 21 1944 C.jpg

British 1955 reprint of the Small Arms Training Pamphlet Vol. 1 No. 21 The Machine Carbine 1944, final issued version of pamphlet covering both the Thompson and STEN guns, with Blue cover. Hard to find version, as not so many of these appear to have been printed, as in 1953 the STEN gun began to be replaced by the Sterling, “Sub-Machine Gun L2A1" in British service. Good condition, with firm spine, so no loose pages. $50 SOLD

SAT 21 1944 Reprint 1955.jpg SAT 21 1944 Reprint 1955 1928A.jpg

British pamphlet, The Thompson Submachine Gun – Mechanism Made Easy Gale & Polden. First edition with 14 picture pages. A few creases on front cover and bottom edge of spine is parting up to staple, but nice and firm and no loose pages with previous owners name in pen on the front cover. One of the photos in the book features a Colt Era Thompson, serial No. 3386, and another photo also features the British recoil spring tool in action. $30 SOLD

TSMG G&P.jpg TSMG 4&5.jpg

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14652

and not Thompson related but may be of interest, Gale & Polden WW2 era, Lewis Gun Mechanism Made Easy, dated 1940, 22 pages with three pages of pull outs with many pictures, an interesting read. Pamphlet is in very good condition, not been read much, $50

Lewis Gun Mechanism Made Easy 1940.jpg Lewis Gun Mechanism Made Easy Contents..jpg

Lewis Gun Mechanism Made Easy Pull out 1.JPG Lewis Gun Mechanism Made Easy Pull out 2.JPG

Lewis Gun Mechanism Made Easy reverse Pull out 2.JPG

All prices include shipping if paid via PayPal and buyer pays the costs, PM me for explanation.

Edited by rpbcps
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in a full set, 1940, 1942, 1944 and the 1955 reprint editions of the Small Arms training Pamphlet 21's, I'll let the set go for $150, include shipping, if paid via PayPal and buyer pays the costs, PM me for explanation.

Stay safe

Richard

9th August: The British 1955 reprint of the Small Arms Training Pamphlet Vol. 1 No. 21, has been sold, so I am no longer able to offer a full set.

Edited by rpbcps

I picked up the Gale and Polden book from Richard so I'd have a nice original copy before they dry up completely. I bought a repop years ago and was surprised at how much clearer the images are in the original copy.....really nice and clear.

The one I bought from Robert is nicer than I thought it would be and made the trip quicker than I expected too, wrapped up very carefully with stiff cardboard and well-protected.

Now I'm looking at the others still for sale and wondering why they haven't been snapped up yet, as his are very nice condition, and it's hard to find even ratty originals nowadays!

Thanks again, Richard!

john

I'm sure its the economy and folks are concerned about what's going to happen in the fall. Most are hedging their bets. I'd sit on them for awhile and repost after the election. Will be less uncertainty then.

I picked up the Gale and Polden book from Richard so I'd have a nice original copy before they dry up completely. I bought a repop years ago and was surprised at how much clearer the images are in the original copy.....really nice and clear.

The one I bought from Robert is nicer than I thought it would be and made the trip quicker than I expected too, wrapped up very carefully with stiff cardboard and well-protected.

Now I'm looking at the others still for sale and wondering why they haven't been snapped up yet, as his are very nice condition, and it's hard to find even ratty originals nowadays!

Thanks again, Richard!

john

John,

Thanks for the confirmation you received the pamphlet OK, I appreciate that.

I'm sure its the economy and folks are concerned about what's going to happen in the fall. Most are hedging their bets. I'd sit on them for awhile and repost after the election. Will be less uncertainty then.

Thanks for that advice, makes sense and I appreciate it.

Stay safe

Richard

• 4 months later...