Savage 1928 a1 trigger frame modification to fit 1927 reciever

Good morning everyone,

I had a couple questions about the modification of a savage 1928 a1 trigger frame to fit a 1927 a1 semi upper reciever? First off, will the original internals work with a 1927 upper reciever with the trigger frame milled to fit a 27 upper? Do I need to modify any of the original internals in a milled 1928 a1 trigger frame? As far as semi automatic operation goes?

Also, what modifications need to be done to make the bolt hold open for easy drum mag release/install? Or is that just achieved with the semi/full switch in semi position?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you, I have actually found a lot of useful information in previous posts so that is my fault for not doing more research before I initially made this post. I understand semi internals will work with the given spacers to compensate for the width of the full auto internal components, and also that a step needs to be milled in the front of the frame and a groove milled as well for the firing pin. As far as the selector switch being used as a bolt hold open, there will need to be modifications done to the internals as well.