New Kahr Sbr

I think the retail price is $1500.

Buy a barrel and SBR it youself and you will not have a factory original!

And they are in my state, so I could get it direct on a form-4. Then again, I don't want one because I have full autos. But if I did not, then it would be interesting.

I heard that Ted Kennedy's voting record is the 11th most liberal Senator in the US. #1 was Kerry. I have not verified this.

If you look at The Machine Gun Dealer's Bible you can see that MA has a lot of Form-4 transactions. I forgot, but maybe it was 1500 a year?

All you get is a standard Kahr with a short Bbl - I saw them at the shot show and don't think anyone who purchased one would be happy long. The 3/4" front grip mount is still on the gun which looks like hell.

The front grip was sanded down to some shape which fails to look like anything like a Thompson. The butt stock is the M1 type and still bolts on and doesn't have a butt plate door for the cleaning kit.

In short what did I see that I liked - NOTHING.

The gun is still far short of looking like any thompson of any model....

but it would be worth to get the m1 military model sbr,parked finish..........at least that one does look like the real deal.and you can shoot it,and not worry you spent.$10,000.00 but only 10% of that for a lookalike that shoot's..................

if anybody can find anything that is wrong with that,please chime in with the answer.....and explain to me why it is better to spend $10,000.00 if all you want to do is have a look alike to blast at the range,and play armchair combat,and maybe something to hang on a sling at gunshow's........or display............

if that is not the case, never a replica,or copy would have ever been sold............they all did not go to hollywood.wink!! nuff said............i gotta get ready for the t.c.c.show.........................RoN

QUOTE (rsilvers @ Mar 12 2004, 02:21 PM)
I guess I would say it is way better to spend $10,000 on a real one. Not because it is real, but because it is full auto -- and because it goes up in value so it is not really like wasting $10,000 on a motorcycle or something.

HEY bob before you made all the money in the microgate bizz,did you run around and buy up alot of ten thousand dollar guns.or were you like the rest and makin a living and saying wow i wish some day i could get that............and if you tell me you drive a new porsche carrera g.t.at $440,000.00 current retail.then i will shut up..............you have to remember we have alot of youngbloods here,and new> bee's getting in the game........

and sticker shock sets in quick................and since you are age 35 or so..............you would have had a hard time i am sure at age 15 buying a colt from me for 3,500.00..wink...have fun with this stuff we only go around once.........................take care,ron

p.s. don;t read too deep into what i post..its all in humor anyhow.................and after 35 years in this bizz you get green..............jaded..........

QUOTE (colt21a @ Mar 12 2004, 02:28 PM)
I guess I would say it is way better to spend $10,000 on a real one. Not because it is real, but because it is full auto -- and because it goes up in value so it is not really like wasting $10,000 on a motorcycle or something.

HEY bob before you made all the money in the microgate bizz,did you run around and buy up alot of ten thousand dollar guns.or were you like the rest and makin a living and saying wow i wish some day i could get that............and if you tell me you drive a new porsche carrera g.t.at $440,000.00 current retail.then i will shut up..............you have to remember we have alot of youngbloods here,and new> bee's getting in the game........

and sticker shock sets in quick................and since you are age 35 or so..............you would have had a hard time i am sure at age 15 buying a colt from me for 3,500.00..wink...have fun with this stuff we only go around once.........................take care,ron

p.s. don;t read too deep into what i post..its all in humor anyhow.................and after 35 years in this bizz you get green..............jaded..........

I would not go to far to pull rsilvers chain too hard. If he's the same one that posts at subguns, he will be only to happy to post pictures of his toys that will make you cry.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

JAFO at subguns

Well -- when I was a college student making $1300 a month I bought a $5000 sniper rifle somehow. Of course I was single, etc. But when I was making $5.25 an hour, I was making $5.25 an hour. A $10,000 brand new Honda Civic CRX that I wanted very badly was simply impossible.

If you have money in a retirement fund, you might as well get the gun instead of keeping the money in some typical investment -- that is all I am saying.

Hey Robert!,

...okay, I am intrigued now. WRT postings above, are you the "Robert Silvers" of photomosaics fame (and now fortune)?? ......as in: http://www.fabienfryns.com/silvers/

.....hmmmmm, lottsa intriguing name games 'round here! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif And, oh BTW, Arthur F. >>>>.....ya never answered my querry on the "Dutch Shultz" posit????? C'mon, that's unbearable......*TWO* "Arthur Fliegenheimer/Flegenheimer's playing with Thompsons????? I can't friggin' believe nobody else here never knew who 'Dutch Shultz' really was!!! If that's your name..COOL, if that's a VERY clever handle..EVEN COOLER!!

( Geeeeeezzz, Meyer, Benny and Charlie are rolling in their graves, no doubt.....!!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif )

QUOTE (rsilvers @ Mar 12 2004, 06:19 PM)
Well -- when I was a college student making $1300 a month I bought a $5000 sniper rifle somehow. Of course I was single, etc. But when I was making $5.25 an hour, I was making $5.25 an hour. A $10,000 brand new Honda Civic CRX that I wanted very badly was simply impossible.

If you have money in a retirement fund, you might as well get the gun instead of keeping the money in some typical investment -- that is all I am saying.

i am glad you made it to buy whatever you want........long life and health.....keep the dream alive.ron

QUOTE (dallasboy_75287 @ Mar 12 2004, 05:32 PM)
QUOTE (colt21a @ Mar 12 2004, 02:28 PM)

I would not go to far to pull rsilvers chain too hard. If he's the same one that posts at subguns, he will be only to happy to post pictures of his toys that will make you cry.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

JAFO at subguns

yes i know who it is !!!wha!!!ya think i am stupid???{joke}..and in my day i had a nice collection also....................and had whatever i wanted..............now i am kickin back and enjoyin what life i have left............

last time i heard nothing wrong with that...........wink!!!

can't be on top of the world all the time...........jimmy cagney........ take care,ron