Spring tension weakens at about 22 rounds left in mag then normalizes

Just got a few "new" mags from apex. They were the 20 rounders they have, i converted them back to 32. They load fine, spring tension is there but when i start to unload the mags after about the 24th to 22nd round it seems to dissapear and the rounds just come out with ease. Then around 22 or 20 the tension comes back and they unload normal. I'm assuming spring? Unless something is binding it up somewhere?

It's driving me crazy. I made sure the mag bodies were clean inside, no edges to catch. The follower moves freely inside. I even put a spring and follower from a magazine i know works into the bodies of the mags i converted back, they do the same thing. So it has to be the bodies but i have no idea what it could be thats jamming them up.

I would suggest removing the base plate and all the internals. Drop in 32 rounds from the bottom, then reinsert the follower. (The magazine is still upside down so nothing will fall out.) Using your finger or a dowel to replicate the force of the spring, push on the follower with one hand and push out the ammo with the other (as if they're being fired). Once the magazine jams up again, you'll be able to see exactly where the internals are when it occurs and thus make a more informed assessment. Plan B: Have Superman use his x-ray vision to tell you where things are sticking.

~ Offering free advise you'd willingly pay double for