It's unanimous .... Barretts are fun !

This has been a good month . At the 1st thereof , my nephew and his wife came down for a visit , havn't seen them for near 12-13 years . We made a couple of day long trips to the range and we took the M82A1 out . Just plinking , don't you know . We shot from 100 yards to way out there ( 2-21/4 second fly time ) . The three of us went through about half a can of spotter tracer .

He went back home , then along came Memorial day . Went out with about 8-10 friends and shot . The Barrett went along . All but one tried her out , including a couple of teenagers and a wife . Heck , even a couple of strangers tried a shot or two . Target was a rock about chest sized at 550-600 yards . It's a bit smaller , now .Went through the other half can of spotter / tracer , so about 150 rounds this month . No one thought it was painful nor would they turn down another chance .

Again , if you have the means and a place to stretch it's legs , I highly recommend you get one .

Chris

• Upvote 1

Sounds like you had some fun shooting out in the desert. I always find it better than going to the range as there's no RO's to bug you and you can shoot as far as you want.

I don't go out to Yuma as much as I used to but I would bring some ammo with me if you want to go out to Adair sometime.

Sounds like great fun! It is on my guns-to-get list, but not too many places around here to push the distance unless you know someone with property like a farm willing to let you shoot.

Andrew

We go to an ex-military range around here . I have only been to Adair twice in the last 20 ( or so ) years . Someone went out to the metalic silhouette range with a 50 and shot it up , building , targets , it was a mess . They ( the club leaders of the ranges , I belonged to about 3 clubs at the time ) came into my business and told me what happened . I thought they were going to hit me up for donations , raffle sale space , something like that that I could help out with . They said I had a 50 . I said yes ( most there knew that already ) . They said I was banned from the range and from all the clubs from then on until I no longer had a 50 . I knew they knew it was not I that did the damage , but they didn't care . I have not had anything to do with the clubs nor the range after that day .

Chris

Wow, that's messed up, can't believe that they just banned you like that. No proof whatsoever that you were involved and told you to GTFO!

I dont blame you for not wanting to go back, ever! Talk about owing you an apology, what a bunch of asshats.

Anyway, we'll have to run out some day and do some shooting.