WPG M1 Reproduction Sling

Recently purchased a reproduction M1 sling from Jerry at http://whatpriceglory.com. He has the world's fastest customer service and shipping and the sling was here in just a few days. The steel used in the spring gates bent and stayed bent when I attempted to install the sling as mild steel was used for these. I sent it back and was offered a refund or another sling from a different batch that had this problem fixed. The new sling arrived and sure enough, the gates were now of spring steel and the problem was rectified.

The sling is a good effort, but not up to the quality of the originals. The metal work is fair. The webbing used is very thin, kind of floppy, and is a khaki color where the originals were more of a mustard yellow. The webbing sections are also even shorter than the originals, meaning that when the sling is properly installed, it is too short and cannot be lengthened. You could install the buckles directly to the swivels for a longer length, but this is incorrect, looks wrong, and offers no adjustment. I wish someone would produce an accurate reproduction Kerr sling for the TSMG with the webbing of the length of the M1917 sling!

Even at $25, I can't recommend this sling, but Jerry's other items are usually an excellent value.

I bought one of those slings from Jerry also and must agree it is to short and the quality of the metal is not very good. Your right if installed correctly it is way to short to carry on your shoulder and offers little adjustment. I installed it by clipping directly to the butt swivel and gaining some length but it offers no adjustment now. The surpless slings I have seen go for 3 to 4 times as much but might be worth it in the long run.