Speaking Of Good Ol' Boy Prices

Here are some JPEGS of a Brochure I got from Numrich back in 1972.

I really wish I could have afforded those $7 drums back then...

Doug

www.srtarms.com/WH1.jpg

www.srtarms.com/WH2.jpg

www.srtarms.com/WH3.jpg

www.srtarms.com/WH4.jpg

Oh, well, hindsight....

I too have some pages of the old catalogues and a few years later purchased some parts including an actuator for a Model 21. I still have it but it does not have the groove on the front shown in some pictures. Would this have been a new manufactured part? If so when did Numrich start to have to remanufacture, having run out of original parts.

I was a student then and didn't have much money. I wish now that I had bought the canvas cases and spare parts kit.

early grooved> later non grooved,what you never saw a early colt actuator???sounds like you bought one back then.............wes-hurlee did not make the two piece navy or the early grooved front 21 model............unless there was a retired colt employee pumpin them out in his basement after the war..........the average age of some of the colt worker's had been 42 so by the time the second war came around.

most had long passed on...... or in the eighties...........

glad you picked up something nice.......{the actuator} take it easy.........ron

[Early Colt production actuators had the grove, but by the time Colt made the 1928 Navy, the two-piece actuators were made using the second non-grove type actuators.]

Arthur,

Who actually converted the overstamps? I have read the 1921/21 sections of both American Thunder and Tracie Hill’s book a couple times and I am still confused. Did Colt manufacture the parts and Auto Ordinance do the assembly and overstamping,? It also sounds like the Military bought 28 parts and converted their own and Colt converted some without the US Navy stamp.