1917/1919 BMG 225 rd cloth belt

Also , between the wars , they used a 150 round belt . Two would fit into the long skinny metal box ( the one they added two wooden spacers into so it would hold 15 BAR mags ) mostly for tank / armord car and pack mule use . These are hens teeth and I've never seen one for sale .

During WW2 there was a 100 rd belt that was used by some tank / armored units . There have been some new made ones of this length , some of poor quality , some good , in both white and green .

Chris

1970s Israeli contract for 7.62 NATO. The reduced number of rounds made loaded belts easier to fit in the M19A1 ammunition box.

I would not consider these belts rare.

Ah haa.....that would make sense. I got my gun years ago from DLO and it was a .308.

Also , between the wars , they used a 150 round belt . Two would fit into the long skinny metal box ( the one they added two wooden spacers into so it would hold 15 BAR mags ) mostly for tank / armord car and pack mule use . These are hens teeth and I've never seen one for sale .

During WW2 there was a 100 rd belt that was used by some tank / armored units . There have been some new made ones of this length , some of poor quality , some good , in both white and green .

Interesting, thank you...

Chris

1970s Israeli contract for 7.62 NATO. The reduced number of rounds made loaded belts easier to fit in the M19A1 ammunition box.

I would not consider these belts rare.

Ah haa.....that would make sense. I got my gun years ago from DLO and it was a .308.

I received a number of those belts from DLO when I bought a 1919A4 from them in 1986. They work fine with 30-06.

Hey gang,

I have always thought the cloth belts for the 30 cal. BMG's were all 250 rounds? I found one in my stash marked at 225 rounds. Is this rare?

as noted, Israeli contract and intended for 308/7.62, 225 rds so they fit in the standard ammo box. Actually pretty common. they will work for most common calibers - we got them for like $10 ea back in the 90s when they were imported in large qty.