Another Thompson Story.......

this one go's back to the early 90's......

time and place dyer ind.fall 93.a buddy call's about a widow selling some gun's......he go's to the house,she says go upstairs in the attic......he shuffles around,and finds two 1921 a colts,in the web carrying case,brown and patina,and case material is almost glued to the gun's.{and yes it happens i have seen it,}and it will take off the bluing........

the guy was a old retired railroad worker,and worked at some steel plants also.widow said he had them in attic for over 50 years,and of course never looked at them again.the wood was shot.

and they had two one hundred round drums..........

and no paper.he rated them at less then 50%

he sold them off for parts...........and dumped the drums at a local indiana show,yes i did go to crown point.........

if only that pair could talk..............probably taken home when the guy left the job................many years before, and he never even bothered to do anything with them,the widow stated,i have not seen those in decades.

but once he was gone,she wanted them out of the house.and was looking for quick cash.........she is gone now so are the gun's,and sad to say my indiana buddy. passed away in 1998..sleep well frank, i miss ya guy...... take care,ron

wow!! so we have all these thompson guy's and two stories.............what nobody know whats out there anymore???

wink!! take care,ron

p.s.i am glad somebody ended up with the 21..........