MP43

Looking for comments on this gun. Owner said it was restored and refinished in 1997 to duplicate the original german WW2 finish. Is the price in the ball park?

http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=29668&query=retrieval

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Petroleum 1

Providing it is in good shape mechanically is it worth $25k in todays market??

Vinny, thats a loaded question. With a possibly refinished gun you are going to have a harder time recouping the value at that price point, not to mention lowering the collector desirability. I would think with time you should be able to find an original finish, matching example in that range.

Ruben had an original finish for $29k

for me a old/classic/war gun needs to have an original finish.....for many collectors this will be the case....for you it may not matter and to some refinished is a positive....but for resale you will reach the largest audience with an original finish.......i like rubens gun for $29k better, but sadly its gone...

i do not keep track of these guns specifically, but i do remember seeing them as i always think they are very cool...i seem to remember seeing most of them ask $25k range....so if this one passes another will come....maybe better...

yea- i should have guessed ruben is always +999.99 onto every price

did rubens finish have rust or pits? it look like every MP40 ive seen so far for finish....like 30-40% there....isnt that normal for a german gun?

are there 90%+ finish Mp43's or Mp40s? i have not seen one, but i am 2 months new to German guns.....every original finish one ive seen for sale has almost no finish left..part of the gun and the history

Edited by huggytree

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245749/Officers-stunned-woman-drops-40-000-WWII-German-rifle-destroyed-police-buy-program.html

you could have offered this lady $200 for hers...

also if you would have joined ISIS they found 5,000 of them in aleppo in a cache

what if you were walking past a police buy back and saw her walking in? would you have begged her to sell it to you?

Edited by huggytree

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245749/Officers-stunned-woman-drops-40-000-WWII-German-rifle-destroyed-police-buy-program.html

you could have offered this lady $200 for hers...

also if you would have joined ISIS they found 5,000 of them in aleppo in a cache

what if you were walking past a police buy back and saw her walking in? would you have begged her to sell it to you?

That would not have been a wise move even if she would have taken the money.