Just Purchased an Ingram Model 6 at Auction

Hello Everyone. my name is Tom and I am new to this group. I'm the guy that just won the M6 at the Poulin Auction that ended the other day. I have been researching these SMG's for a while now and when I saw it up for auction, I thought I would bid on it. I see that they seem too be getting more expensive over the years, so I thought I would not wait to find that perfect time capsule M6 and try to get this one. Now the long process of applying for the tax stamp once it is shipped to my local store, but I am glad that I got it and one day will be able to practice with it in my back yard. I live in Southern Oregon on 40 acres of mountain and forest which makes it nice for shooting. That thought I would say hi to you all.

Thanks

Tom

post-263847-0-04011800-1608174752_thumb.jpg

post-263847-0-37364000-1608174777_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I believe the serial number is 1229. It's hard to see the 1 in the photo. My research seemed to show that 2000 or less were manufactured by Police Ordnance in California. Are those numbers correct? Thanks for welcoming me to this group. These M6's seem to be very cool and less jammers than many machine guns. I tried a friends Thompson and it appeared to jam almost all the time after 5 or 6 bullets went trough it.

Edited by tom silver

Todd when you ever come down to Medford we should get together. Thanks Tom

Welcome to the Board Tom. I own a M6 similar to yours. A lot of fun to shoot! Definitely pick up spare mags from Apex while they have them. Todd in Oregon

Thanks Todd and when you are in Medford let's get together if that's okay with you.

Welcome to the Board Tom. I own a M6 similar to yours. A lot of fun to shoot! Definitely pick up spare mags from Apex while they have them. Todd in Oregon

(plug) If you don't already have a copy, there is lots of info on the Model 6 in the MAC MAN book

https://www.smallarmsreview.com/inventory/detail.item.cfm?product_id=30

thanks so much

I ordered a few thanks. The one I'm getting comes with 3 mags. Sure wish it came with its original case.

Edited by tom silver

tom silver,

Welcome to the board, and congratulations on your M6.

One recommendation I have is to always use an extended length safety flag in the chamber after firing, as it has a longer than normal feed ramp, and can be difficult to visually check for a round in the chamber. I own M6 #147 that Frank sold to me, and is featured in his book. Fun gun with the unique, progressive trigger. Most folks at public ranges think it's a Thompson, and their eyes seem to glaze over when I inform them differently.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

I appreciate the referrals to APEX Gun Parts for the M6 Ingram magazines.

I wish I had more spares to offer for that gun.

I think you will be very happy with your 'new" SMG!

Richard

Thanks Richard. I so far have order 4 from you over this past week and my M6 comes with 3 but you never know the condition of the mags until you get them. I am so glad to be on this group and get so much good info on my upcoming SMG. Thanks again Tom

tom silver,

Welcome to the board, and congratulations on your M6.

One recommendation I have is to always use an extended length safety flag in the chamber after firing, as it has a longer than normal feed ramp, and can be difficult to visually check for a round in the chamber. I own M6 #147 that Frank sold to me, and is featured in his book. Fun gun with the unique, progressive trigger. Most folks at public ranges think it's a Thompson, and their eyes seem to glaze over when I inform them differently.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Thank you so much David. Appreciate it