Lewis gun front sight

Looking at the LEWIS front sight rings we have in stock at APEX, you have to remove the screw, which allows a gap on the side of the front sight, and then tap the sight blade out to the open side.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/lewis-mg-front-sight-ring-assy-303-gd.html

Looking at the pictures in the posted link may help.

Richard

You start drifting it out through one of the holes in the side with a punch to get it started toward the side with the ring split. Most are staked in to keep the sight from sliding around in the dovetail so initially there may be resistance until you break the stake. Start it moving while on the gun because the tab holds the ring in place solidly. Once you have it started you can start loosening the screw which will open the gap and allow you to move it out the rest of the way with less effort. I'd mark it before moving it if it's original to the gun because it may be sighted in in that position?

I'd have to bust out my pouch to see if there was a punch...I don't recall. There is a screwdriver for the screws though in the pouch, but I go brownells so the screws don't look any worse than they already do. HTH