Can anyone identify this stamp on my mp40 barrel?

Can anyone identify this stamp on my mp40 barrel? I'm not finding any other markings on the barrel.

IMG_0364.JPG

Just found this info at: http://www.mp40.nl/index.php?page=mp-40

barrel stampings.png

The following production codes can be found on the barrel:

= Böhler, this code is not related to an address that I can find.
Stg = Unknown yet to me but I think it's Steyr. I have seen this code together with number; Stg 74, Stg 76, Stg 80. probably this number is a steel lot number.

Kur = Steyr Daimler Puch A.G.
ar = Mauser Werke. Berlin-Borsigwald (often with a "bnz 1" stamp)

Die Waffen waren ursprünglich alle nummerngleich und mit dem WaA - Stempel abgenommen. Ausnahmen: Manche Hersteller haben für bestimmte Teile und Zeiträume Teile von Zulieferer mit verbaut. Diese Zulieferer (cnd = National Krupp, cos = Merz-Werke und Bö = Böhler Stahl) sind bekannt und wurden hauptsächlich von Erma und vorher auch von Haenel beauftragt. Auch diese Teile waren nummerngleich, hatten aber eine andere Abnahme. Steyr hat seine Hauptteile selber gefertigt. Der Abzug wird allerdings auch von einem Zulieferer stammen.

Der Tausch eines Verschlusses wird zu 95% erst nach dem Krieg erfolgt sein. Wobei der Sicherungsschieber von Erma häufiger an Waffen von Steyr anzutreffen ist. Möglicherweise erfolgte bei den Kleinteilen ein Austausch oder ein Zulieferer hatte bereits den Code ayf für Erma eingeschlagen?
English Translation:
weapons were originally all the same number and with the WaA - stamp removed. Exceptions: Some manufacturers have installed parts from suppliers for certain parts and periods. These subcontractors (cnd = National Krupp, cos = Merz-Werke and Bö = Böhler Stahl) are known and were mainly commissioned by Erma and Haenel before. These parts were number same, but had a different decrease. Steyr has made his main parts himself. However, the deduction will come from a supplier.
The exchange of a closure will be made 95% after the war. Whereby the safety valve of Erma is more often found in weapons of Steyr. Maybe the small parts had an exchange or a supplier had already taken the code ayf for Erma?

The only other visable stamps on the barrel are WaA825. Interestingly, this code is stamped on the barrell 3 times all in a row and close together. Was it accepted 3 times or was the inspector just stamp happy that day???

All parts on the gun with a year date (with the exception of the barrel) are dated 1940 and the front sight has the early protective muzzle nut without the groove and the front sight guard with the hinge to attach the metal muzzle cap.

MP40 front sight guard.png

MP40 Muzzle.jpg

The reason I mention these is that the gun's finish is in poor condition as can be seen in the photo. However, the barrel condition matches the rest of the gun. So I'm wondering why it would have a 1941 barrel if the other parts with a year date on them are all 1940?

I have a spare barrel with 3 stamps like yours but in addition to the makers code and date there is a 4 digit serial number too. It is confusing and i have no idea why some have serial numbers and some dont. I have seen barrels with nothing other than one or two waa stamps too. Norway used the MP40 long after the war was over and some of the stuff floating around could be post war Im thinking.

The only other visable stamps on the barrel are WaA825. Interestingly, this code is stamped on the barrell 3 times all in a row and close together. Was it accepted 3 times or was the inspector just stamp happy that day???

All parts on the gun with a year date (with the exception of the barrel) are dated 1940 and the front sight has the early protective muzzle nut without the groove and the front sight guard with the hinge to attach the metal muzzle cap.

attachicon.gif MP40 front sight guard.png

attachicon.gif MP40 Muzzle.jpg

The reason I mention these is that the gun's finish is in poor condition as can be seen in the photo. However, the barrel condition matches the rest of the gun. So I'm wondering why it would have a 1941 barrel if the other parts with a year date on them are all 1940?

Could the codes be WaA 623, Steyer?

There are three barrel stamps because each stamp represents a different inspection. The proof eagle is in a different style and location. Typically, MP-40 barrels were serial numbered to the rest of the gun, from the beginning of production until the end in 1944. If there's no serial number, the barrel was probably a spare.

If a gun is mismatched expect anything, since the gun was built with whatever parts came to hand.

In the top right hand pic above, the retaining spring for the muzzle thread protector has broken off. These were not particularly delicate, but in 70+ years of screwing that nut on and off, the spring wore through and eventually failed.

Edited by TSMGguy