Wtk: Tca Show And Shoot

Hi All!

Got all my TCA stuff from Tracie Hill and have some questions that I need answered before I can send this thing in....thought I'd put out a post here for info so I wouldn't have to bother Tracie on a Friday nite.....

The TCA show has a bus trip to Quantico available. Wife and Son aren't interested BUT my daughter may be interested in seeing this.....but she'll be 16 then. Any age restrictions for this side trip?? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/huh.gif

Also, regarding the SHOOT....my family would like to shoot (heck....if we lug the Thompson all the way out East on a family vacation I gotta let 'em shoot somewhere, right??)

But the kids will be 14 and 16 at that time and I need to know if there are any age restrictions for that event?? Either one of my kids is better with the Thompson than my wife is (and she's not too bad...) and....we are all safe! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Any other kids gonna be there??

Another note: If we bring the TSMG I have no problems loaning it to others who can't bring their own guns. And I have no problems with Wolf ammo either. AND if some want to use my gun I can bring a bunch of ammo with and will happily make it available at my cost (but I gotta see if I can get a deal somewhere....) or anyone with their own ammo as long as it's not Fiocci or American!! AND It'd be nice to know how many rounds of ammo comprise a course of fire as well as how many others would need/want to use my gun??

This brings up another question.....does the NRA have any gun cleaning equipment available?? (Maybe an ultrasonic tank or???) I hate to bring my big solvent bucket and stink up the whole van for 2500 miles!!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

looking forward to finalizing all the arrangements!

Thanks for all your help!!

john

>>The TCA show has a bus trip to Quantico available. Wife and Son aren't interested BUT my daughter may >>be interested in seeing this.....but she'll be 16 then. Any age restrictions for this side trip??

As long as you provide the SSN for all attending there should not be a problem.

>>are any age restrictions for that event??

That would be Tracies call, but everyone (regardless of age) MUST attend the safety course in order to shoot. I know Tracies son has participated in the shoot before.

>> Any other kids gonna be there??

I don't recall seeing kids other than Tracie's. I guess when it comes to Thompsons we are all kids. (much older kids)

>>how many rounds of ammo comprise a course of fire

Figure about 20 rounds per section and believe there are about 5 sections in the entire shoot. So figure about 100 rounds per person.