4 Months And Counting

Looks like my transfer for the m1 is taking longer than it should. I'm hoping the holidays caused the longer wait. I looked over the copies of my papers and everything looks fine. This really bites!! I don't really have any questions here, just wanted to vent a bit. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/unsure.gif

After having a dealer leave out part of a serial number on the form 4 and experiencing an additional 4 month delay until I realized it, I always call about 6-8 weeks after mailing to see that a transfer goes pending. After 90 days of pending, call again. the person answering the phone can tell you the pending status and date. Tell them the serial number, your name as tranferee and the seller as the transferor.

Thanks all, for the comments. In the past, I found that the atf person isn't able to tell me anything except pending. I make a call on Monday and see when it went pending and if they can tell me anything more.

I called ATF today and the transferred me to the examiner. They are waiting for the fingerprint cards and the delays were thought to be because of the holidays. What to do, what to do?

Don't let them give the short "it's pending" answer, and ask for a supervisor... Always be civil and never turn it into an adversarial situation. They kinda hold all the cards, and like most people in these type jobs all they hear are complaints all day long so the kind voice probably gets more attention than the cantankerous SOB route….

After getting the "pending" reply from the guy who couldnt card less answering the phone I left a voice mail for the examiner. I was surprised becuase she called me back in 15 minutes. After that is when the paperwork that was supposedly returned two months earlier suddenly showed up. When I re-filed I wrote Ms. Franklin thanking her profusely for her quick and courteous response. Maybe that helped. But it still took over 30 days from when she signed off on the paperwork before it finally arrived. I think a lot of this stuff sits on peoples desks til they have a reason to move it.

QUOTE (Sgt @ Jan 8 2005, 10:59 AM)
Looks like my transfer for the m1 is taking longer than it should. I'm hoping the holidays caused the longer wait. I looked over the copies of my papers and everything looks fine. This really bites!! I don't really have any questions here, just wanted to vent a bit. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/unsure.gif

Might be the holidays but mine got approved on Dec. 23rd (amazing there was a govey there on Dec. 23rd actually doing something) and showed up a couple of days ago. Seems like it's luck of the draw.