Reising Models 65 -165 -150 -151 - MC-58 Serial Number Data

dalbert

For the past several years, I have compiled serial number data on Reising .22 Rifles. As Ron Brock and TD. will attest, these rifles have become an addiction for me, and I know that n64atlas shares the affliction. As of 3/15/15, I have 167 observed examples in my database, along with many hundreds of photos. This includes 108 examples of Reising Model 65's. I believe this data will prove useful to some who also enjoy the Reising .22 series of rifles, to include the Models 65, 165, 150, 151, and MC-58.

I would like to get to 200 data examples for the Model 65, as I think that would be a statistically significant sample.

I have seen some trends that I will speak to later...They include the following:

• Switchover from old style bolt catch to new style on Model 65
  • Stock width changes on Model 65
  • Addition of adjustable trigger on Model 65
  • Commentary on various USMC markings observed on Model 65's
  • Model MC-58 total serial number range

I have included the high serial number for each rifle style in the summary pdf file below. If you have other examples you would like to include, I ask that you send me some photos, including a photo of your serial number to me at the e-mail address listed below.

Reising 22 Data - March 2015-2.pdf

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Have you been keeping an eye on Gunbroker? There are, I think 4 on there now. You can read the serial

numbers on most of them. At least enough to know the range. Haven't seen a MC-58 for sale in a while.

I think I sent you my last M65 serial number I bought a few months back. Haven't been to a show sence, as

I had a pacemaker put in in Feb. and still recovering from that. Still need to do some pics for you.

David,

Thanks for compiling the list and keeping track of this. I look forward to more and more discoveries about these rifles.

To everybody else, I suggest not looking at these rifles as they quickly become addicting. Great shooters and very cool! I just added one of the serial numbers to David's list in the 2600 range and shot today for the first time. I suspect time will cause me to add more to the list!

- Ron

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

David

Here is another S/N you can add to your data base. This is for a model 151 that I bought a year ago.

S/N 749

Robert

Robert,

Welcome to the board! I appreciate your serial number submission, and have added it to my database. I now have 180 entries.

Thanks!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...