Bren LMG Drum Loading Instructions

Greetings from Florida:

Just received a 100rd Bren Drum, maybe the Mk1 unit.

Looking to use it on my DLO cut&welded MkII.

Anyone here know a source for disassembly/ loading instructions?

Thanks for all the good info on this board!

BP

• 5 months later...

Yes, I got "The Bren Gun Saga" 2nd edition. Good instructions on page 186.

I notice the ROF is a bit faster with the drum.

Am now searching for a "holder plate" or loading block. May have to make my own.

Also would like to find another drum and the "Chest, Magazine, Bren .303in, MG MkI".

The Bren Gun is a great LMG.

BP

I guess I glossed over that section in the book? Probably less pressure on the top of the bolt with the drum vs. the magazine spring pressure bearing down on it? I hear the same thing on a beta-mag dump in an M16, the rate changes quite a bit throughout the fire sequence.

At some point in the next few months I'll have my drum set and maybe I can make a spare or pass along dimensions? You could try IMA and see if they made any spares?

I'd been looking for a while for that stuff and it seems to be held pretty tight by other collectors? I know of a couple sets held by collectors, but they have no intention of selling before they croak? Seems estate sales are where everything is headed?

I would be interested to hear your experiences with the drum on the BREN. I had drums ( Both MK's) back in the old days, and sold them as I found them fairly unreliable. Could have just been my drums. I shoot mine off the tripod most of the time, and mag changes are no issue.