Love The Thompson History>and Tale's

i have been into it for 35 years now,even longer if i consider my first combat series mattel model........45 years..............and the years have flown.............i don't like the prices on them anymore,and the wheeling and dealing....and the b.s. around them tho.........the hype!!!

{to me it has degraded a good thing}

i always liked:

just the simple history,the gangster's, military use,postal use,and all the export's..............

and the "good old day's"

those will never return,and time marches on........only the few will know the good time's.............to the rest its just a commercial money making venture.............but thats the bizz......................

long survive> "the thompson gun"

and the few who enjoy it like i do............... take care,ron

Colt21A

Amen!

I too enjoyed it over the years. It was pure pleasure to track down a 21 and make a deal, but most of all, I loved the history behind them. I travelled all over the eastern U.S. looking for guns and accessories. It'll never be same again.

1921A

Colt21a,1921A,...the good old days are what you make`em...even now.I may not have the years behind me,like you,but I enjoy Thompsons as much... for all those same reasons you mentioned. I still feel the excitement of inbound toys... I hope that never goes away..and shooting,cleaning,repairing...sharing the fun..History.KEEPEM`SMOKIN`,out. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif