OOW 1918A3 sells for crazy price ...

Talk is that OOW won"t be making these any more . Remenber the NIB numrich Thompsons for $750 ? Then came '86 . They were $1500 a year later . And now what ? $20,000 ?

The more thigs change , the more they stay the same.

Chris

I just got off the phone with Ohio Ordnance ... They told me 6-8 month wait time for a 1918A3 ...

I should have said that talk is OOW is having a hard time finding decient supplies of parts and will stop when they run out of parts . Of course if the prices stay at these levels , they may relook at that and gear up to make more of the parts themselves . I only sold mine because my eyes could no longer see the sights well enough to get the accuracy it was well capabuble of doing .

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

A buddy of mine just bought one of the OOW M1918 WW1 Colt exclusives on GB for $7700 shipped. He was envious of my OOW 1918A3 A2 conversion to the WW1 configuration and was disheartened that the A3s were going for so much money, and then he'd have to spend a lot more to do the conversion (assuming that one could still find the required parts). I gave $4000 for my A3 and now have a total of $6100 in the conversion. So... he got his for just $1600 more. But then again... he now has a fancy "fine Corinthian leather" case.... and a little horsey on the receiver! Now I'm envious! :blush: But then again... I have a lot of leftover A2 parts that he doesn't and can make mine back into an A2 (but without mag guide wings) ! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Was this a special run of USMC-marked 1918A3s made by OOW? When was it made?

Yes it was. They only made 100 USMC BARs with All New GI Parts, except the receiver. When I phoned in to discuss the USMC Bars and place my order the owner of the company answered the phone. We must of talked for an hour. He was really a fun guy to talk to. USMC023 was the lowest S/N left so I took that number. The owner also sent me a bunch of NIW parts for my BAR as he promised.

Edited by md66948