1907 Winchester British Proofed

I hope this is the best place to post this. In the winter Winchester collectors magazine there is an article on a 1907 modified for air service with good pictures. May be of interest to the 1907 fans.

As the running joke here goes--the 6 (or maybe it's up to 8) of us into these rifles appreciate the heads-up!

Well you can count me in. Can't believe I ignored them for so many years.

Make that 9.

I am about to join the Winchester Arms Collectors Assn, with a five year E-Membership which gets you an electronic copy of the magazine, only $150 U.S. for five years. So will be able to read the article.

I have one of these rifles myself, with British London commercial proof marks. The inaccurate on-line serial number data base will show a DoB of 1915, but the polishing room records show it was made in 1913.

Regards

AlanD

Sydney

Make that 9.

I am about to join the Winchester Arms Collectors Assn, with a five year E-Membership which gets you an electronic copy of the magazine, only $150 U.S. for five years. So will be able to read the article.

I have one of these rifles myself, with British London commercial proof marks. The inaccurate on-line serial number data base will show a DoB of 1915, but the polishing room records show it was made in 1913.

Regards

AlanD

Sydney

You will enjoy to article. Also has good pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a british proofed one as well and I am a member of WACA but dont remember getting the magazine. It could be in my pile of mail ive been meaning to look at?