M1a1 Box On Ebay

Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

This looks neat, I'd like to at least copy it! But is there a thread of originality to it? My guess - and only a guess - is someone at the base made the case up. Obvioulsy for a specific gun (note s/n on tag) Also, was the nassau st address correct at WWII time? I think this has a history, i just don't know what it is!

Anyone ever seen a box like or similar to this?

Greg - wanna make us up a few? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Excellent question. I know the New York address for the Auto-Ordnance Corporation in 1940 was 80 Broadway. New York City, NY. However, I cannot say for certain the 31 Nassau Street address was no longer associated with Auto-Ordnance.

Not that I am a particular fan of SG, but for an M1 or M1A1 TSMG, the Sportsmans Guide 6 Pistol case is a perfect fit. Pop the frame off the upper and the gun fits right in with room for several stick mags.

Aluminum shell with eggcrate foam inside and a pretty decent seal around the border. About $40.

No plaque, however.

OK Who is this ricardodes? He's won 17 out of the last 20 auctions with a single bid..... Either he has a sniping program, or he has plenty of time to spend in front of his computer....... I hate overseas auctions as they usually end in the wee hours here on the left coast..... I'm on a mission now......

Dave - I thought Richard Garcia went by "Brullen" on evilbay. And yes - he was the one who was publishing a periodical.

Those latches seem to be the ones I just bought for my parts box I made up for my TSMG Parts. Modern day hinges is my .02 cents.