What New Thompson Part Would You Want Made?

What new Thompson Part would you like to see made?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What new Thompson Part would you like to see made?

• 1- Buffer Pilot
    • 2- Select Levers
    • 3- Magazine Release
    • 4- Butt Stock Slide
    • 5- Rockers
    • 6- Blish Lock
    • 7- Cutts Compensator
    • 8- Grip Mount
    • 9- Other (Explain)
    • 10- I Don't Care I Don't Like Guns

Cost more - yes.

Worth more - ????

And another add to my list of non-standard wants. (I want a gun to shoot for a long time). From the other postings it appears the 21/28 actuator is a "weak link." How about making an actuator that is robust? For example, hardrede once posted a photo of his non-standard TSMG with a very robust looking actuator.

MP

Well, we are off topic, but I feel the need to address this issue.

Hardrede- as I recall, you are using this bolt assy in a hybrid post sample gun built on a Richardson receiver with 28 outside look, but M1 inside bolt pocket with attending heavier material at the rear (???)

I could never endorse the use of an M1 bolt so modified in a standard ’28 receiver- they were not designed absorb the loads that would be generated in stopping the un-retarded M1 bolt firing bulleted ammunition. This would create a situation much the same as the use of “speed bolts” or “ear less locks” did, which led to the damage of so many 28’s in the past. That is why Doug states that this set up in standard 28’s must be limited to blanks only, where the bolt velocity can be regulated by selecting a proper orifice.

Well, since the robust actuator design appears to need more development, how about a belt-fed lower?

Sort of reverse to the mythical Shrike. Go back to the original concept Gen. Thompson had.

One to fit 21 and 28 receivers and one to fit M1 receivers.

And while we're at it, how about a .22 conversion that works without tinkering? Perhaps a belt-fed .22 conversion.

MP

Edited by Merry Ploughboy