Nice Colt Thompson on GB

Unless I missed something, the barrel, nickeled oiler, both booklets, and L-Drum Card are not original. I can't see the SN, so I can't research the gun. Looks to be priced 10 K over current prices. There may not even be a correct Colt barrel with this package. Buyer beware, its also coming from Kalifornia.

• Upvote 1

Not about legal. Its about the package. Is there an original Colt Barrel? Is the gun complete or is it a matching upper and lower with repro barrels?

FWIW there is no intended disrespect here. I admire what Doug has done for the community. However, understand what it is you are bidding on.

Edited by Sandman1957
  • Upvote 1

Like Gordon, who maintained a residence in a MG friendly state, while also having a residence in SoCal.

Doug may have a similar arrangement.

There are many ways that a California residence is not a hinderce to NFA ownership. Nevada Corperation, FFL/SOT in NV in a place of business. To name a couple.

During the years of the TCA Western shoots, I knew that he had a Colt. We never saw it, but it was stated more than once. I think Gordon H verified it.

He did talk about in his most eccentric manner. A very interesting man with a wealth of Thompson knowledge...

This is the link to a previous posting on NO 4476, owned by Doug Richardson.

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21483&hl=richardson

I am not an interested buyer but agree with the comments by Sandman1957, above. At 45K, his questions should be answered by pictures or in the auction write-up. If the barrel is not original, what you are looking at is a shooter grade Thompson. Do your homework.

• Upvote 1

I have talked to Mr. Doug a few times and he is passionate about what he does and sells. If he said it, I'll make book it's good. I wish someone could understudy / apprentice with him. He has so much knowledge.

PM

We should change SNL A-32 to SNL A-82, then. I had two very "passionate" conversations about the designation of the reproductions Doug produced of this ORD SNL with Doug in 2005 and 2007, and was told I didn't know what I was talking about. All I'm saying here is that you should always keep an open mind, and while there is definitely a wealth of knowledge, you may want to validate some of it. As TD. stated, homework is recommended.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

I have talked to Mr. Doug a few times and he is passionate about what he does and sells. If he said it, I'll make book it's good. I wish someone could understudy / apprentice with him. He has so much knowledge.

PM

Look, I have been down this rabbit hole myself. I trusted someone based upon his standing in the community only to be taken for the fool I was. I trusted the person, not the item and ended up with a fraudulent item. I learned the HARD way that in every case, you need to evaluate the item NOT the story or person.

I have never dealt with Doug but I have read interesting accounts on this board of his dubious customer service. When dealing with such an expensive item it is common sense to be extra careful.

Interesting that 4476 has the "Thompson" Logo, and 4473 has the "Aut-Ord-Co" marking. Could that be the change point?

mnshooter.

High number 4000 series guns have either type of logo. For example # 4755 has the earlier type logo. A later 4000 series gun recently examined has the later type logo.

Edited by gijive