Wh Still Rocks After 17 Years

Well 17 years after I sold my WH to a friend I got the gun and paperwork today.

I picked up my Wh from the exact spot I put in a friends trophy room guncase and It had not been moved in 17 years. Still had the light coat of rig I applied and I immediatly took it out and put one L drum and one 39 round drum and five 30 round sticks through it without a flaw. It is great to have the gun back and it is still a rush to dump a full mag or drum. I went over to a friends farm and got reaquainted. You guys are what got me fired up enough to approach the friend to buy the gun back and I got a great deal 4K. I am now on the track of my old M-16A1 and a grease gun. Still have the MAC 10. I really enjoy this site and you all have alot to offer in information and places to get parts and accessories. I do want an old type safety and select switch so if anyone has one to sell please e-mail.

Thanks

Charles Burrage

Charles--

That's such a good feeling, isn't it? You know what they say, nostalgia grows with age. It's about the only thing. There's nothing like recovering something that was so much a part of your younger days. So, if anyone finds a white 60 chevy that looks like it was repainted by a straw broom, let me know.

If I went back and got all the things I wish I had never sold, I wouldn't have room to store them! Guns...I couldn't even begin to find those. Cars...oh that 70 W30, 455 4 speed.........or that 65 vet or that 70 TA w/455 HD 4speed, red or course.....loved that car. Had it all of 3 weeks. But hey, money talks, when you can triple a investment in that short of time! Why didn't I buy as many C3 guns when my cousins mother-in-law owned a shop in the early 80's? To young, dumb and full of.......piss and vinegar I guess. Or I just couldn't afford the $500 Thompson's she had. Oh the bad dreams this will bring.

Cavediver....want to trade that for some U/W video equipment........let me know! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

My Theory - Build a bigger garage! Or two....

There is truth to the rumor that you cannot ever have a garage that is big enough. That applies to the gun safe as well....

I can honestly say I don`t want any NFA or title 1 guns that I let slip away....CAUSE I NEVER,EVER SOLD ANY!!!!!....just kept collecting all these years....I still have regrets though.... I didn`t buy enough when prices were lower, http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif