Belgium Manufactured Sten

Just received my Belgium Manufactured Sten

Have given it the quick once over and taken some photos

link to the photos HERE

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Y062PYSz-YnsYnNr86VECPpvEHm7yUp4?usp=sharing

The internet has come up with nothing other than the Wikipedia entry and that's four lines

Any of you gentlemen have any input or info -

if you want a better photo of any particular part or detail leave a message below

THIS GUN IS NOT IN THE USA , I DO NOT LIVE IN THE USA

Very nice ;) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Time to enjoy :P !!!!!!!!!!!!! Ammo getting to expensive to have fun here :(!!!!!!!!

I am the Icelandic importer for PPU Ammo - so ammo is never a problem ..... time on the other hand is a nightmare

Very interesting

The Belgians produced a large amount of MKII Stens post WW2 at

the Racour Arsenal for their own use and export. Ive seen it mentioned that the British Acquired around 3000 of the Belgian Stens for testing in 1952. The guns failed to meet their standards for parts interchangeability. Would be interesting if you could compare it side to side with a British produced MKII

Edited by WinSten
  • Upvote 1

Very interesting

The Belgians produced a large amount of MKII Stens post WW2 at

the Racour Arsenal for their own use and export. Ive seen it mentioned that the British Acquired around 3000 of the Belgian Stens for testing in 1952. The guns failed to meet their standards for parts interchangeability. Would be interesting if you could compare it side to side with a British produced MKII

"Failed to meet [the British] standard for parts interchangability"? Does that mean that it couldn't be made to fit with a file?

• Upvote 1

I have number 67096 which is supposedly one of the guns that was tested by the British and rejected. I know the chamber is made to a commercial 9mm Luger or NATO standard and not to the loose standard of Royal Ordnance so it wasnt very reliable with British production 9mm ammo. I also suspect that the tolerances were metric on the AS ARM STENs and imperial on the commonwealth guns.

If I recall correctly the return spring is wound in the opposite direction and was a little stronger. I couldnt interchange the butts with a Faz STEN but then again British butts need a bit of fettling most of the time.

As the OP has likely noticed, at least some part were interchanged as I can see at least one, possibly 2 British contractor parts on his gun.

Seriously photographed it and put it on the bench - then the rack - hope to spend some quality time tonight going over it, and if I get the time will photograph one of the other stens - a "homemade " perhaps resistance sten - really dont know but the whole thing is milled !

I have number 67096 which is supposedly one of the guns that was tested by the British and rejected. I know the chamber is made to a commercial 9mm Luger or NATO standard and not to the loose standard of Royal Ordnance so it wasnt very reliable with British production 9mm ammo. I also suspect that the tolerances were metric on the AS ARM STENs and imperial on the commonwealth guns.

If I recall correctly the return spring is wound in the opposite direction and was a little stronger. I couldnt interchange the butts with a Faz STEN but then again British butts need a bit of fettling most of the time.

As the OP has likely noticed, at least some part were interchanged as I can see at least one, possibly 2 British contractor parts on his gun.

• 3 months later...