Madsen M50 Buffer

komodoj

That round buffer is not factory. One of my spare recoil spring rods came with one. The correct buffer goes behind the rod and is square-ish/ wedge shaped. My gun didnt have the wedge buffer when I got it and ran the same with or without it. I Dont think the m50 bottoms out with normal ammo.

komodoj, on 24 Dec 2020 - 21:59, said:

Off topic but does anyone know what kind of finish is on the bolt and gun itself? Resembles a krylon or some sort of black paint?

I have a Madsen made in Denmark that has a blued receiver and what appears to be a blued bolt.

I also have a Madsen made in South America that has a black painted receiver and an unfinished bolt "in the white".

Apex Gun Parts sells Danish bolts that are blued.

Edited by maxfaxdude

"IVE NEVER HEARD OF A MADSEN SMG MADE IN ANY PLACE EXCEPT DANMARK,, PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME ON ANY SOUTH AMERICAN MADE ONES,,,WHAT DO THE FORMS 3-4 SAY FOR MFG? JUST WONDERING"

My South American Madsen is a "reweld" that is fully transferable and most likely came into the US as a parts kit before May 1986. It does not appear to be as well made and finished as my Danish Madsen but nevertheless functions flawlessly.

Madsen clones were made in Brazil and probably several other Latin and South American countries because they were easy and cheap to manufacture, reliable and easy to keep clean.

Reported Central and South American users include but are not limited to: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Paraguay and Venezuela.

Edited by maxfaxdude

IS IT IDENTICAL TO THE MADSEN M-50 ? OR DIFFERENT,, DO PARTS INTERCHANGE ? JUST ASKIN

I'll get out my calipers and measure both guns this weekend -- but my guess is that the parts are fully interchangeable. It wouldn't make sense "to reinvent the wheel".

My guess is the buffers were for later models, since my manuals show no buffer on the M50? I'd think a rubber plumbing washer would suffice if one felt the need to "add" a buffer?

Lots of "license" guns were made in SA countries, but generally the quality suffers since function was much more important and quantity took the upper hand. The M50 here, which is close to NIB had no buffer, nor remnants of one. Interesting info.

Edited by johnsonlmg41

IS IT IDENTICAL TO THE MADSEN M-50 ? OR DIFFERENT,, DO PARTS INTERCHANGE ? JUST ASKIN

Measured multiple dimensions (receiver, bolt and barrel width, height etc.) of both my Danish and South American Madsens. Most parts appeared to be within 0.01 to 0.02 and some 0.001 inch of each other.