Suppressor for .45 MAC 10

DZelenka

I have a customer who is looking for a suppressor for a .45 MAC 10. He has the original threaded barrel. Does anyone have any suggestions for brand and model. If you are suggesting a vintage model, please let me know where to look for it.

thanks

Dan

There are multiple manufactures (such as Bowers and Coastal Gun) that offer 7/8x9 threading/thread adapters. Another approach is to get a 7/8x9 adapter to an available thread pitch on any .45-compatible suppressor. if the desired suppressor isn't using direct threading, you'll also need a fixed barrel spacer to override the function of any Nielson/booster device.

If your customer has plans to buy a Max-10/45 upper, he can order it in a common 5/8x24 thread pitch.

Edited by heavy artillery

I'd buy Bowers if I didn't have an original. Customer service can't be beat and the versadapt setup is great. I have had a CAC 9 for close to 20 years and sent it back for the stack upgrade and versadapt setup and it's great.

The original MAC can I have is fine too, it's just sort of become collectible, but is super quiet with wipes. Only fits that gun. Plenty of vintage cans out there.....few willing to pay a double tax and wait over a year so there's no incentive to sell vs. a new one. The cost of the paperwork and storage time far outweighs the profits so cans sit in dark corners all over the country.

I got one of the last Gemtech marked Viper 45s before they were sold and moved. It is really nice and very light. GSL essentially is the old Gemtech and if you can get one then I would have no doubt is would be just as good.