• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MrBill

MrBill

• Board Donor
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:Old Motorcycles, Sharpes Rifles , Thompson Machine Guns

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:41 PM

I am in the market for a original non molested Colt. Please PM me with details. Thanx 

#2 MrBill

MrBill

• Board Donor
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:57 PM

Got a Winchester, please disregard or instruct me how to delete this post. 

#3 GaryKeim

GaryKeim

• Board Benefactor
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:History of warfare technology, Martin Guitars, Authentic BBQ, C&R FFL

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:26 PM

Let’s hear about your Winchester... maybe start a new thread.

#4 MrBill

MrBill

• Board Donor
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:05 PM

Gary You have already commented on the gun! I took Jim C's advice and "low balled" Frank Gopert  on the Winchester and we came to a acceptable offer. You mentioned possible refinish and updated buttstock end cap. If these are the only "problems" with the Winchester I will be a happy guy. The contract has a three day inspection period.So far my experience with getting a BAR has been frustrating. I posted a WTB for a Colt on this board and got no response.I posted a WTB on Sturm and got one response for a Group Industries for 28K with some receiver finish problems.I bid on the NESA from RIA at the low end of the price estimate and got blown out of the water (bid 22.5,sold for over 35K before premiums) so i hope i got a fair deal on this in a very  good BAR market? I will start a new thread when it lands in my safe.       

#5 jim c 351

jim c 351

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2810 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:21 PM

Bill,

I'll bet you a box of donuts that your Winchester comes with a proper butt plate.

I think the butt plate in Frank's photo was from a different gun and posted in error.

Jim C

#6 GaryKeim

GaryKeim

• Board Benefactor
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:History of warfare technology, Martin Guitars, Authentic BBQ, C&R FFL

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:05 PM

@MrBill: Great, can't wait to see if its parts are marked with "M.A.," like mine.  ;^)

Now the seemingly interminable wait begins... but sometimes the anticipation is half the fun!