1920 C drum on Gunbroker for $9500.

For $9500. I would expect to see better photos of everything. Including close-ups of the the stampings, feed paws, feed lips, rotor, edges for possible dents. The seller is no rookie, making the add a little disappointing IMO.

Pics do look better on the computer than viewing on the Android phone.

Price is about what I've seen in the last few years.

Edited by Colt Chopper

Jerry is a sophisticated seller. he knows how to take pictures of a drum. he has a New York L drum for sale right now as well and included a full set of pictures and a much more detailed description of the drum. here is the post:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/856915923

Unless shown otherwise, you should assume there is a reason the C Drum is not fully pictured and more fully described.

my 2 cents

Edited by DLansky
  • Upvote 1

When I first saw this post I thought Jerry might have fixed up the 100 round fixer upper Drum he has, but guess there is a different one. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/856673614

I bought my Thompson from Jerry. My experience he will never lower a price and will just let it sit out there for as long as it doesnt sell. Some of the things he has listed on gb have been there for years. He has some great stuff, but you will always pay top dollar for it. Occasionally he will throw in some extras with a sale.

Excellent advice from Colt Chopper and DLansky, above - two very knowledgeable Colt collectors who have a lot of experience in this area both buying and selling. There is always a reason for incomplete and low resolution pictures. Items in this price range need top quality pictures or an in-person inspection...or an uninformed buyer.