Fake Auto Triggers

I believe there are some out there that will physically fit, but many shooters have commented that they are a pain to use. There was a post on this board that discussed the matter. As I recall, many here felt these devices aren't good for your semi, because of excessive stress on your receiver. Maybe some of our technical experts would like to chime in here.

If you are referring to devices such as the "Hell Fire" or the "AS-IV" the answer is no, they will not work on the semi-auto Thomspon. Even the "three round burst" device does not work on the semi-auto Thompson.

Aside from not being able to mount it on the trigger guard, the length (and pressure required) of the trigger pull on a 27A1 to much for these devices to work.

They do work well on these guns:

AR15

Mini 14 and Mini 30

Cobray M11/9 (semi-auto)

AK-47 (semi-auto)

TEC-9 (WITH barrel extension)

UZI (semi-auto)

SKS

I have used devices like these, but they don't hold a candle to the real deal; but it is a thrill to use if you can't afford (or aren't allowed to own) a full-auto.

Norm http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

FWIW,... there is a new device that will be hitting the market in the near future...the first model will be for the SKS, ...second model for the 10/22 Ruger...if all goes well,more to come...as long as the semi gun is mounted in a fixed position in the stock it is supposed to function like a M.G.,...ATF approved already...so we shall see...that is all I know about it... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Smoker--

I'm assuming this is a trigger device. How would their's be different that what is out there?

Sgt,...I`m not sure,have not seen it upclose...firearm must be mounted in a solid stock according to the inventor...we will see in 2-3 months...manufactoring in the northwest to begin soon...unless kerry gets voted/cheats his way in... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

I played a bit, attempting to make a crank type tool, unfortunately a simple cog will not work due to the amount of trigger travel on the 27.

Perhaps a device that has a few spring loaded devices that actually struck the trigger may work. It should prove interesting to see what the company comes up with. From there its a matter of smoothing out the action of the device so it doesn't move the gun to much while using it.

Sounds to me like this new device may be a crank. I don't know...I did see a '27 that did have one of those Hell Fire's attached. The Trigger Guard was notched on both sides to hold it into place. Also, once someone gets good at bump firing, those devices are just a waste of $. Though I've never had any luck bumping a '27. AK47's indeed, and quite fun too.