NFA transfers and the Coronavirus

maxfaxdude

The examiners have worked from home for years.

The first time I visited the NFA branch, in 2010, I asked my sponsor-host if I could take a group photo of the examiners; there was only one there. The cubicles were all empty, he then told me that they work from home several days a week. As I recall they started doing that back when fuel prices really skyrocketed

That is why is will sometimes see forms approved on weekends and holidays. I had a form approved on the 4th of July.

• Upvote 1

Don't know about the Chi Com virus, but the falling Dow Jones will have a very bad effect on NFA sales.

Jim C

I will be a buyer if MG prices fall a bit. If MG prices do not fall then I will put the cash in the stock market.

what if an examiner took a pile of forms home to work on and ther dog ate them ?? just wondering

It would be the same as the old days when we used to fax in form 3's and the fax paper spool fed into the shredder. They were early adopters on the whole green/ recycling thing at NFA branch. I still have some thermal paper here somewhere near some of my crispy irradiated forms during the ricin thing. LOL

• 4 weeks later...

I mailed one 3/2 and the check posted 3/10, but times have changed? I may pick up a license in 8 months and resubmit it to clear in a day, because this whole thing has gotten out of hand. There is no logical reason form 3's clear in a day or two and form 4's are pushing a year?

I mailed one 3/2 and the check posted 3/10, but times have changed? I may pick up a license in 8 months and resubmit it to clear in a day, because this whole thing has gotten out of hand. There is no logical reason form 3's clear in a day or two and form 4's are pushing a year?

Well, with an eForm 3, there is no background check. All they have to do is make sure both licenses are valid and the SOT is paid and they can approve. Also, there is no time wasted mailing something to Oregon and then shipping it ot West Virginia. Beware though, if you get and FFL and SOT, you may have more of a propensity to impulse buy.

Dan

Form 3s are for trusted people

Form 4s are for unworthy people

I have to submit a paper Form 1 to reactivate a DEWAT machine gun as it cant be done online and it will be a 6-8 month wait.....yet the gun was just transferred to me on a Form 5! Makes no sense at all

• Upvote 1

Form 3s are for trusted people

Form 4s are for unworthy people

I have to submit a paper Form 1 to reactivate a DEWAT machine gun as it cant be done online and it will be a 6-8 month wait.....yet the gun was just transferred to me on a Form 5! Makes no sense at all

It's a privilege that costs $500 per year. Seems cheap to me, especially since it gets paid for through profits.

• 1 month later...

Well this is sort of in the Pandemic time frame...I just got the stamp (form 4 ) on a gun that had the check cashed on 11-22....I also bought another gun,check cashed on 10-7 and still pending? One gun came out of Michigan and the other (10-7) Florida?