Star MB with stock

I've read that the ATF removed the Star MB stocked pistols from the NFA

Supposedly they issued ATF letter 907010:BAH 3311/304603 dated 10-3-16

I've been unable to find the actual letter

Does anyone here have a copy or a direct link to it?

Thanks

I checked the most recent ATF guide and didn't see it there either

This thread https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?998530-Star-MB-NFA mentions the letter

This auction https://www.gunbroker.com/item/821202805 references the same letter

I'm tempted to call/email the ATF . I'd like to pick one up for my collection but only if it's legal

I spoke with a C&R pistol dealer at Tulsa last year who told me the same thing about a pending letter and ruling. . . but as of yet, nothing published. It wouldn't surprise me and they need to be included. I too will be shopping for one once they are in.

I spoke with a C&R pistol dealer at Tulsa last year who told me the same thing about a pending letter and ruling. . . but as of yet, nothing published. It wouldn't surprise me and they need to be included. I too will be shopping for one once they are in.

Strange that the posts mention the letter was dated 10/16 and 3 years later it can't be found

I searched the ATF site for this using different phrases and variations. Nothing came up, but plenty else did. Agree that the amended 2018 C&R list should have contained this, if it exists.

Beautiful pistol. Letter, no letter, I would love to bring that one home.

I concur but I won't take a chance without an ATF letter

A letter exempting it from NFA would be great. But if no letter, couldn't an individual just register it as SBR?

Beautiful pistol. Letter, no letter, I would love to bring that one home.

I concur but I won't take a chance without an ATF letter

A letter exempting it from NFA would be great. But if no letter, couldn't an individual just register it as SBR?

I'm not sure if you can "make" a SBR out of an original firearm or if it needs to be a new creation