Morphy's Auction on Forgotten Weapons

Definitely a few deals considering the maremont E3 only brought 45k before BP. Even once you factor in the premium it still is a better deal than what you see advertised out there. Rock island will be interesting as well considering their more extensive lineup!

If I can get that whooped ANM2 cheap enough, I'm going to built it into a Stinger.

Lucky13 over on 1919a4,com is working on some semi-auto Stingers . Might put you name on the list .

Chris

If I can get that whooped ANM2 cheap enough, I'm going to built it into a Stinger.

Lucky13 over on 1919a4,com is working on some semi-auto Stingers . Might put you name on the list .

Chris

I don't do semi belt-feds, It's sacrilege. I was the high bidder on the ANM2, so I'll be building a real one this summer :)

I hope JimC351 got his 1918... but at $51.5K +20% I understand!

GP4

Mike,

I didn't bid so you could buy it at a cheap price.

I imagine it went cheap, even tho it wasn't as nice as mine.

Jim C

PS how do I find the final price. All I see is the 50k amount.

Edited by jim c 351

I didn't bid on the plugged barrel Marlin at Cowan's. It hammered it at $23K which meant $29.5K and change out the door.

Didn't bid on anything today, I can't deal with the 20% bite.

The fool with the Ermco on GB has a starting price of $35K and a BIN of $40K. I hope he's not holding his breath waiting for a sale.

I bid on a couple things via Proxybid on Morphy

IMHO, the +26% premium + 6% sales tax for that auction is just over the top...

Even so, I thought some of the Brownings and Hotchkiss prices were reasonable...

Prices below without fees:

1919A6 12K

1919A4 11.5K

Colt M2 Watercooled 29K

Saginaw C&R 1919a4 19K

1917A1 w/accessories 16K

1917A1 12K

Colt ANM2 10K

I bid early on the C drum. Looks like it ended up at $12,300 + 20% so I'm not that sad. It was nice though...

Looks like Proxibid says it sold for $10,000. When I refreshed my browser it said $12,300 so maybe that included the buyers premium. First time for me looking at Morphys...

And congrats to whoever got her.

Edited by Player_To_Be_Named

I stay away from auctions. Some get caught up too easily and overbid, forgetting about the BP.

Me, I just don't think any auction house is worth 20% BP for holding up something and running a mouth for a couple minutes.

Like a surgeon charging you ten grand for 12 minutes worth of work.

Just my .02 cents.....

Buyer's premium is 26%, and that includes the 3% cash discount, add 3% for credit cards, and if they charge sales tax for everyone, could be up to another 10%.

Some pretty good hammer prices, but few good deals, except a few of the belt-feds.

$17000 hammer price.

$4420 26% BP.

$510 C/C fee.

$850 5% sales tax.

$200 shipping/insurance.

$22980 approximate cost. Close to market value I think.

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Military-Artifacts/Military-Artifacts/N-ATTRACTIVE-ARSENAL-REFINISHED-RARE-M1-MODEL-THOMPSON-MACHINE-GUN-FROM-WORLD-WAR-II-ERA-CURIO-AN/lotInformation/53672972