No Michigan Shoot Oct 15

I may not have clarified this, but due to politics at the LCSA range (mostly archers...), the LCSA board is forcing me to provide my own insurance (even though it is covered by their policy) if I want to have a shoot. That is the only way we can have over 3 guests per member. Some changes could come with the club elections - but I am not holding my breath. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/mad.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

NRA refered me to a place that offers a 1 day event insurance for $350. That is the best I could find anywhere. I love to shoot, but paying that ransom is ridiculous.

I don't remember if I ever posted this info, I know I stated it verbally at the TCA shoot, but now it is posted for all!

Enjoy shooting,

Mike

Not that it may help.... but 350 bucks for single event insurance involving firearms is CHEAP... The cheapest I can get here for SEI is more than that and I'm talking family weddings.... In the future maybe you could divide the cost up among attendees..... Or get a sponsor... Just rambling thoughts......

QUOTE (PhilOhio @ Oct 5 2005, 03:52 PM)

But $350 for a single day???

We all know that the insurance business rests on a rock solid foundation of thievery, but this????

$350 for single event insurance is not that much to pay... And really reasonable considering firearms are involved, I would think.... But what do I know? I'm just sorry the event had to be cancelled on any account....

LOL I love that your post never seem to use reality in the arguments.... I don't think you have any actuarial jobs in your future....

So let me put this in Thompson terms....

I ask you, Mr Phil from Ohio to make me a custom TSMG part.... Now it is close to original but not.... So it takes you a some hours of research and drawing to get it ready to produce, then you manufacture the part. Now being as you don't want to send out crap you test it and make sure it works and refine it.... You spend 16 man hours to the final product and you charge me $350 dollars for the part.... You can make future parts with a mere one hour of time. So I want 365 of them now.... Are you going to use your logic and charge me $127,750.00 for them?