Video of Sten Production 1942

Its a good look at STEN production in WW2, note the use of rivets to fasten the trunnion to the tube. And pretty much an all female workforce. Theres also some photographs to accompany this footage which greater detail of the jigs and tooling used.

Glad you guys enjoyed that film. Even though I own a number of much more expensive and as some would say better made subguns the Sten still remains one of my top favorites to take to the range. Always a toss up between one of the Stens or my Uzi for an afternoon at the range.

Thanks, I enjoyed it. Wow, I'm a bit shocked by how many hammers were used in production! I wonder if they just loaded them on that truck the same way on rainy days? I'm a sten fan as well, though favor the Lanchester variation the most with the MP3008 right with it, then the MK5, and so on down the line!

no gun safety when loading that truck..almost every muzzle was pointed at him while handing off

very enjoyable video to watch

i think the women welders thought of their welds like cake decorating...this is why the welds often look like frosting

in plumber school i had a welding night class...some of the guys were naturals, i was decent....i can weld better than my stock was...its humorous how thick it is!!!...it isnt coming apart

mine is a Stemple. he either silver soldered or braised the front and back of the tube on. it looks so much cleaner than ww2 production.

no gun safety when loading that truck..almost every muzzle was pointed at him while handing off

Sure, muzzle discipline is a thing, but maybe he just knew that guns that have no magazines and fire from an open bolt couldn't possibly hurt him and he just wanted to get the truck loaded ASAP.

Sure, muzzle discipline is a thing, but maybe he just knew that guns that have no magazines and fire from an open bolt couldn't possibly hurt him and he just wanted to get the truck loaded ASAP.

Exactly!