Closeup Of My Aoc M1a1

Here's a closeup of the serial number on the AOC M1A1 I've got coming from Las Vegas.

http://thompson.gotdns.com/kyle/vegas m1a1.jpg

Couple of interesting things to note. Like the two examples that Frank shows in his book, this is an AOC gun where the "A1" was added after the fact. My gun's serial number is only 10k earlier than the example shown on pg 119. This was as Frank explains due to problems with the excessive cycle rate of the early M1 guns produced at AOC's own startup plant in Bridgeport. By the time they got the problems fixed, the M1 was superceded by the M1A1 and so the "A1" was added.

"CCSO", which stands for "Clark County Sheriff's Office" is clearly evident but frankly not objectionable to me as it is done every neatly. The gun is suppossedly marked "SMG5" somewhere else.

The GHD cartouche is very sharp and distinct. The metal finish at least in this picture looks very good. I have no reason not to believe the rest of the gun looks as nice.

My Form 4 left for Chicago yesterday and now the long wait begins.

Oh Yea! I love the stamps. Finish and wood look clean. What a great find!

Nice M1A1 - I too like the Police Department markings. They add character to a very nice Thompson.

Kyle, what's next on the wish list?

is that culver city sheriff's office,police marking.s??i seem to remember roger cox or hill having that markings in a book,

thats the problem too much thompson info,and i forget......sometime's.............

anyways,it looks nice in the pic.for what you have in it.good luck with it..........take care,ron

QUOTE (colt21a @ Jul 24 2004, 06:46 PM)
is that culver city sheriff's office,police marking.s??

Ron, Bridgeport28A1...

I was told that "CCSO" stood for Clark County Sheriff's Office. Is the gun in Cox's book linked to Culver City? If they're marked similarily, then it might be likely that they are sister guns, right?

QUOTE (Bridgeport28A1 @ Jul 24 2004, 08:27 PM)
There is a CCSO marked M1A1 in Roger Cox's book on page 19, serial number 352027 with a plain L sight...

I wonder how S/N 352027 ended-up with a plain L sight? According to Frank, the upgrade to the protected sight occurred at ~ 137,xxx. Maybe someone didn't like the dog ears and switched back to the plain sight, huh?