$10,895 For A .22?

If you are thinking of buying one as a shooter you should Insist on running several mags and then examine the fired cases. Also examine the extractor. The one I sold was an unsafe P.O.S. ( I made a full disclosure of all the problems I experienced, including blown cases, blown extractors, failure to feed, failure to extract, etc. etc., and had the buyer sign a disclaimer before I sold it 2 years ago for $4,000.00. )

If I recall correctly, many if not most of the .22 cal WH 28s were converted to .45 before they were sold. That should speak of the level of machine gun the .22 cal version is.

EDIT: Not converted - see PK's post below. My mistake.

Edited by SecondAmend

The West Hurley .22 F/A I once owned had an aluminum receiver. If you can acess the "old" board there are several discusions concerning the Full Auto WH .22s. JimFromFla and Ron Mills gave the best advice. If you want a full auto .22 buy an American 180. They are dependable and loads of fun.

Ok..let me set this straight... I'm not in the market for one.. I was just posting this as a coversation spark.. As I said.. I knew of two others for sale for much less...

And as for conversion.. can you convert a .22 WH to .45??.....did all of them have aluminum receivers?

They were aluminum and were not “converted”; their serial numbers were moved to steel 45 receivers and the aluminum scrapped.