M73 35mm Training Rockets

Always were Rather scarce, heard there were a handful at the last SAR in the $100 odd range.

I have debated having the nose cones and tail fin assms 3D printed up with a firing block, everything sized to use A or B series Estes engines in a hard board tube.

Years ago Shooters Equipment Supply offered an all metal reloadable primer block and flash tube for the LAW.

As long as one keeps the bursting head under 1/4 ounce of M80 type flash compound the resulting simulator would remain non NFA.

The originals used steel tubing and were rather weighty

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The M73 are totally legal to ship. The last time I purchased some, they came to me via mail. I would use FedEx of UPS, however. I don't think USPS will ship them, since DOT won't allow hazardous materials to be shipped without the proper licenses. Basically the same regulations that apply to shipping fireworks. They just have to be declared and properly labeled. They are essentially flying M80s after all. That said, I probably would not walk in an declare that you are shipping "rockets." Might raise some unwanted attention.