wow the market has turned soft

geefal

I watched that Colt 1921 AC close at $20K.. and really thought I should bid but waited because I hadn't even bothered to read the write up thinking it would be way out of my price range..

https://auctions.morphyauctions.com/_N__ICONIC_AND_VERY_HANDSOME_COLT_THOMPSON_1921_AC-LOT472960.aspx

Richard

trend down started many years ago on various guns

m16's have been down for 2- 3 years

Uzis 2-3 years

thompsons down $5-7k lately

market is -$2k on almost every thing..friend got a Uzi BG Bolt gun for $8300 last week!

Ive been buying bargains for over a year. -$2k on almost everything

with a 11.5 month wait time who wants to deal with it

Edited by huggytree

Yeah, you have to be careful bidding on these auctions, by the time you add the 20% plus taxes and shipping your good deal is not so good after all.

Hard call on the colt as to whether 24K plus sales tax is worth it? Replacement barrel, touched up blue, unknown stock or internals. Good shooter for sure and a real colt to those who don't knitpick. I guess vs. buying a 1928a1, and if you can do a decent finish on it, it's probably not a bad deal at all in the big scheme of things IMO. Your next stop is in the 30's and that won't be pristine either?

I didn't see much softening at all when you add up all the numbers? I unknowingly (until later) boned a guy I know out of at least 6K, by bidding up an item. Chalk one up for the house. There were a couple bargains IMO depending on your frame of reference.

Prices could continue to rise into next year because as the Asian ladies say, "everything gets bigger in an erection year".

• Upvote 1

Both of the MP44's went for a little above average money without the prem plus they were both deactivated guns that have to be repaired to firing condition.

What did they Bring ?
1032 $27,675

1004. $30,750

1002 $27,675

The 1002 and 1004 guns are deactivated. I believe these are final prices.

Edited by Petroleum 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow thats retarded.

I believe some of us talked about this one in another thread. My WWII bring-back 38/42 with fluted barrel and 4UT marked stock is nicer than this one. As much as I like it, I might have let it go at that price.

Robert