"l" Drum On Ebay

People are getting a bit savy.

A 20 round mag sold on E-Bay because it was listed as "Thompson Part".

The Drum will probably last the remaining 6 days because it states it holds only 5 rounds.

The E-Bay people are not educated enough with firearms to mag any distinction.

There are not stupid, they know exactly what it is... But if a person is willing to "misrepresent" their auction, aka lie, then that leaves them, ebaYâ„¢, off the ole liability hook. "Hey they said it was a five round drum what did we know?"

Just to add-> The people who know guns, and care, are the same people who came to visit a certain person on the board who bought "parts" from overseas... Don't think that all facets of the government don't keep track of the ebaYâ„¢ world.

Let me see if I get this "high capacity" business straight in my mind. To sell an otherwise legal "L" drum on ebay is prohibited only by ebay, right? There is no law against listing those items, correct?

On a related note concerning liability, if I list an item like an AR-15 upper or 1911 slide and clearly state "as-is," could I be held liable if something goes wrong with the part?

You're right Sgt.

You could even sell your FA Savage with a reserve of $15,000.00, simply by placing a red dowel in the end of the bbl., calling it a non-firing model. and once the auction ends the buyer would need to complete the ATF end of the issue. The only law broken would be e-bays rules.

The only issues at hand are the BATF ones so long as the winner of the auction lives in a FA state and is legally ok'd to own such a weapon.

QUOTE (Sgt @ May 11 2004, 08:48 PM)

On a related note concerning liability, if I list an item like an AR-15 upper or 1911 slide and clearly state "as-is," could I be held liable if something goes wrong with the part?

Absolutely..... You would be amazed at some of the verdicts I've seen over the years.... Pure stupidity the range of an ameoba is rewarded under liability suits.... That is why I have a 2 million dollar umbrella policy... No matter what you sell on ebaYâ„¢ "it's a hobby".

But remember, ebaYâ„¢ in the beginning even had a firearms section... That was pre-Columbine though, and they kinda cater to the beanie baby crowd now... God forbid ebaYâ„¢ become a tool of the arms dealers of the world....

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ May 11 2004, 09:31 PM)
That is why I have a 2 million dollar umbrella policy...

What is a 2 million dollar umbrella policy and what is it used for? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif

2 million worth of insurance to cover what ever might come up.

I at one time worked in the pet industry, before becoming an SPCA employee. The owner of the shop made collegiate dog sweaters and was required to maintain a million dollars of insurance for each school, incase the dog ate the sweater and choked to death or something.

Just the cost of doing business! And protecting ones butt in this wonderful day of get rich quick scam artists.

QUOTE (JimFromFL @ May 12 2004, 10:01 PM)
QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ May 11 2004, 09:31 PM)
That is why I have a 2 million dollar umbrella policy...

What is a 2 million dollar umbrella policy and what is it used for? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Just google it for the best answer... Or ask your insurance agent....