All Thompson Show and Shoot 2018 Dates Aug 3/4

I sent in my registration last week.

If Tracie has room, I'll have my 3-table paper item display, plus another table display featuring vintage artifacts originally owned by Calvin Goddard.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

There is a really nice kennel near the show that we use all of the time. Our dog is 13 years too

and she loves going to this kennel.

Let me know if this helps.

Tracie Hill

That might work. Let me call you later after 7 right ? I'd really like to attend the show. I have LOTS to learn and this would be neat.

If you have lots to learn, the All Thompson Show & Shoot is a great place to start. I guarantee a good (and very educational) time.

👍

Really really looking forward to this !

Hopefully my minty 1921 with extras will be in by then.

If not I have 2 Nice Bridgeport M1A1s to run. One will be for sale.

Probably too late to file for non C+R stuff of which I have some unusual guns including a G1 FAL and shorty LaFrance M16.

lightguy,

We look forward to meeting you. As far as other, non-C&R weapons that you mentioned, while they would be welcome for display, you would not be able to shoot them at the range during the free shoot, as we are limited to submachine gun calibers. It's a really nice range in the middle of a corn field that belongs to the local police department, and we have to abide by the caliber limitations.

See You in August!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Full auto 45

Good Point and sage advice !!! I did that once in February and I'm still paying for it !!!! LOL

Yes, I remember. A day you won't forget, that's for sure. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/thetoolman/24.gif

How do you receive the discount?

Bill

call them directly at Phone: (740) 788-1200

Tell them about the Contour forming discount (no idea what that means but..hell..it works !) ... thanks mgvince !!!!

JUST got off the phone with Allie (SP?)

Pet Friendly too !!

Either that or check in carrying your Thompson. Either you will get a hell of a deal or free nights accommodations downtown.

Edited by lightguy

Just reserved. Asked about Contour Forming discount. They said there wasn't a group discount for it. What did you use Ron?

That is the norm at Cherry Valley Resort. I stayed there about a dozen times over the years. Never once did I ever get a receptionist that acknowledged the Countour Forming discount after the first request. It usually took follow up phone calls or speaking with the manager at check-in to get the discount. One of the reasons I dont stay there anymore.

Edited by gijive

Just reserved. Asked about Contour Forming discount. They said there wasn't a group discount for it. What did you use Ron?

My charming wit ;-)

Sometimes they are clueless, but today I just told them I have a corporate rate with Contour Forming. My emailed reservation shows the rate. If you guys are saying group rate that may be why they can not locate, but I dont know for sure.

Its sort of a love hate relationship there. The kids love it and the water park so easy on the family. The hotel was much nicer 10 years ago. However I have stayed there many times outside of the Show and Shoot as well.

Ron

Granville Inn all the way. Tight on parking but very clean, quiet and very close to the show. Stayed at Cherry Valley once and would never stay again. First room the AC did not work , almost 90 degrees inside room for 3 hours until I got another room, second room toilet leaked water all over bathroom floor and room was very damp. Had to put my clothes in my car to have dry clothes.. Granville Inn all the way. JMHO

I'm not going to bring non C+R machineguns because of the potential hassle in visiting my brothers and sister along the way in IL, WI, and MN..too many forms.

C+R allows free travel.

I do have a fairly extensive and rare Detonics collection for show and tell.

Got a few of them from Blaine Clark who is also here on this board. Shout out to Blaine !

Any other Detonics lovers here ?

Granville Inn all the way. Tight on parking but very clean, quiet and very close to the show. Stayed at Cherry Valley once and would never stay again. First room the AC did not work , almost 90 degrees inside room for 3 hours until I got another room, second room toilet leaked water all over bathroom floor and room was very damp. Had to put my clothes in my car to have dry clothes.. Granville Inn all the way. JMHO

Are you going to make it this year Darren?

Ron

lightly,

Yes, my brother Andy has several Detonics. He is why there is a Detonics board at the bottom of Machinegunboards.com.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Very cool. Tell him thanks.

I'll bring some special stuff that typically only a Detonics geek can appreciate. Unicorns.

Edited by lightguy

Hi Ron, I hate to miss the show but unless my business commitments change I will not be able to attend this year.

I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with the clerk at Cherry Valley about Contour Forming but as mentioned above "clueless." I planned on calling back but haven't yet. Sounds like they may have their 'shot' together now. I'll call them later today and try for the group rate again.