Took Home New Member To The Family

Picked up LNIB vector uzi from my dealer last night. Although Tommy will always Be my favorite this little honey looks great inside and out. If it shoots as good as it looks i'll be a very happy camper! Waited over 7 months for this transfer.Talk about the ATF being slow. Hope to wring it out this weekend. Oh..... and all the goodies to buy!

Congratulations! I'm with you: I think the world of my TSMGs, but for a change of pace, you'll dearly love the Uzi. http://www.vectorarms.com has lots of accessories for them, including bayonets, 25, 32 and 40 round magazines, and my personal favorites, .22 and .45 conversion kits. I also bought and installed one of their quick-release wooden stocks, which looks great. You can change the color of the forward and pistol grips to green with a new set, also from Vector. They have pouches as well. South African slings and cleaning kits show up from time to time in The Gun List and Shotgun News.

If you're not familiar with the history of these guns, they began life as South African Uzis from Lyttleton Engineering of Pretoria. They were bought, unused, and shipped to Switzerland where they were dissassembled. The parts kits were then sent to the US for assembly to new Group Industries receivers, bought after their bankruptcy. The receivers are heat treated (unlike IMI and FN guns), and are the best made and finished Uzis that there are. I'll bet that you already know this stuff, as you had seven months to research it all! You'll really enjoy the gun!

My Vector Uzi is the only SMG that I've ever fired that has never screwed up, regardless of what I ran through it. The Vector .22 conversion kit is a little touchy concerning ammo, but really fun, and I highly recommend it to you.

I've noticed NIB Vector Uzi prices approaching 8K recently. I paid $2,700 for mine from the maker three years ago, and expect prices to skyrocket as the word continues to spread as to just how nice they are.

I have an M14 as well, and love it. It's an H&R gun from the first production batch in 1961.

Congrats! WW...I`ve had the Vector for a couple a years and it generates almost most as much talk on the firing line as the Thompsons and BARs. They are alot of fun to accessorize...good advise from TSMGguy...have fun with it and post some pics... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

I've wanted one my whole adult life and it beats me why I haven't gotten one yet. I too have the Model A carbine and have fired a Vector and another conversion at a range once. If there was an Uzi which was C&R, that'd be a nice one to own. Enjoy, they're keepers.

TSMGguy, thanks for the info. Really didn't think Id be as impressed with this gun as I am. Stopped at Wallyworld today and bought another 500 rds of winchester white box 9mm. Had to go ahead an get another couple of hun for tommy as well because he has a more exspensive appietiet. 45 ACP is almost twice as much. Do plan on buying a lot of goodies for the uzi. The removeable buttstock is a must. Gad to hear u have an M14. Mine is an H&R also. Don't shoot it much but when I do I get a real kick out of it.